Author Topic: Weather Station does not appear on WunderMap  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Mtnviper

Re: Weather Station does not appear on WunderMap
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
I don't think they are concerned with the gold medal anymore.  There are stations out there that haven't reported in weeks yet they still have a gold medal.  My gold medal disappeared a few months ago yet my data has been reporting accurately.
KCASANBE1 

Offline AL Estep

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »
Gents,
I had a similar problem with my weather station and the fix was to get the time correct on the station console. There is a 20 min window for "current data" and if it does not arrive in that time frame, they do not show it. So try checking the time on the sending computer and on the weather station console.

Good luck.
Al Estep
Davis Vantage PRO2 wireless
Firefox browser 102.0.1
VWS  version 14.01.P45
Elevation 7483 ft
KCOBLACK2

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
We are working on fixing the deficiency where we don't remove gold star status for stations that stop reporting.  We now assign gold star in real time, as each ob comes in.  When a station stops sending obs, we never get the chance to remove the status. 

We are much more focused on improving the experience for active users.  It should be obvious that a station that is not reporting is not in good shape, so that is lower on our list of priorities.  We also hope to launch some better tools for PWS owners to better understand why they are not getting goldstar status.  I expect to see this type of thing sometime early next year once we move through our backlog of other tasks

I don't think they are concerned with the gold medal anymore.  There are stations out there that haven't reported in weeks yet they still have a gold medal.  My gold medal disappeared a few months ago yet my data has been reporting accurately.
KCASANBE1

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 07:51:55 PM »
We now assign gold star in real time, as each ob comes in.  When a station stops sending obs, we never get the chance to remove the status. 

I've seen several new stations that have come online in the last couple months and have never been awarded a Gold Star. I would say they deserve it as their data looks good to me and they have good uptime. So this real time system must not be fully working yet.

I suppose Gold Stars should be a low priority fix. But I am happy to know that Gold Stars will be making a comeback in an improved form. As PWS get more popular it seems more people neglect their stations and there is a lot of bad data.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything