Author Topic: Scripts not running correctly  (Read 6595 times)

Offline K6SGH

• K6SGH
Scripts not running correctly
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »
I am running VWS, Vantage PRO2, trying to install and test WeatherFlash.  I've installed all the files per the instructions. My server is runng PHP 4.4.  I have the PHP4 scripts installed.

I can access the flash page and it loads and at the bottom of the page, the time is updating every two seconds so VWS is connected and i have confirmed that the /Data directory is getting the wflash.txt files. the permissions show up as 'rw-r--r--'.  The little lights to the left of the data/time show as 'red' and 'blank'.

I can log into the setup page using the default Ambient/User password.  However, none of the changes i make on that page set. I can neither reset the password or have any changes to the page (new gauges etc) stick.  When i "lock" , nothing gets saved and the original blank page then shows up.

I've read through all of the various posts and i don't see what's going on.  Can anyone please help? I've sent email to meteorologica but nothing back yet from them.

Steve

Steve

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
Re: Scripts not running correctly
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »
Try changing all permissions to 705 rwx---r-x  That is what I use and it works.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline K6SGH

• K6SGH
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Good old trial and error....i changed all the permissions on the files in all the directories running WF to 0707 and that got it working.  As you said, it was a permission issue.  All working now.

Many thanks

Steve

www.k6sgh.com/wx/wf   (still evaluation version).

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
Glad it worked for you.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline K6SGH

• K6SGH
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »
1 more question if i could jay...

1) on the Internet/WeatherFlash settings, the 3 'activate' buttons.  Which of those do i need checked. i have them all checked at the moment.  what do the server file and active server page do?

thx

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:10:36 PM »
Steve,

The only one that needs to be checked is the active server page box.  If you want to have the files saved on your hard drive then check the Local File Location.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display