Author Topic: Is Davis still  (Read 1349 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Is Davis still
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
The big boy on the block?

I am going to upgrade my Vantage Vue and saw that the Davis 6328 – Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus ISS with 24-Hr Fan-Aspirated Rad. Shield works with the Vue Console...

Would the Vue Console report everything or am I limiting my self by using my existing console?

Is there something better out there? I been off the grid for so long... Budget is about 1.5K

Thanks!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Is Davis still
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
The Vue & VP2 consoles are common in the majority of the standard sensors, Bar, Humidity, Rain, Temp, Wind with a few exceptions. What the Vue doesn't do is optional sensor data where the VP2 console does, Evap, extra Hum, Leaf, Soil, Extra Temp, Temp-Hum-Sun-Wind, UV etc

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:10:10 PM »
If you put a remote anemometer kit up, I don't think the Vue can handle that.  Signal on one channel for ISS, one for Anemometer.

But you could always turn the "re-transmit" feature on for the VP2.  It would take all those sensors and put it to one channel.  Don't think it'll display the leaf and other data.  But you'd get the wind data.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »
If you put a remote anemometer kit up, I don't think the Vue can handle that.  Signal on one channel for ISS, one for Anemometer.

Vue console is definitely capable of receiving & displaying wind data from a 6332 Anemometer Transmitter. It's other supplementary transmitters, ie 6372/6382/6345 that the Vue cannot accommodate.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:17 PM »
Looks like I need to get the Pro console as well. Mhhhhh choices... I was also looking at RainWise...

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:03:00 PM »
You may want to wait for the WeatherLink Live that will soon launch. I don't know all the details but maybe someone else can explain if it has any advantages to be considered in the mix.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 05:59:36 AM »
I don't know all the details but maybe someone else can explain if it has any advantages to be considered in the mix.

Not much more to say about WLL really, for now at least - I suspect that it may still be 2-3 months away from availability. And it will be more an add-on for (mostly) multi-transmitter VP2 systems or an alternative to a logger purchase for those that are happy to use weatherlink.com as their primary way of storing & viewing weather data.

Third-party software making use of the local API may well follow at a later date but probably limited to those installations emulating a standard VP2 system. (Remember that WLL can emulate an Envoy8X and so any software properly able to process full WLL data would need to be able to accommodate for example multiple ISS units.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:13:08 AM »
Not like Davis to emulate (Envoy8X) something that has been discontinued? 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 06:33:43 AM »
Must admit that I tend to think of WLL - at least in part - as 8X 2.0. The 8X was a great idea but always hamstrung because Davis didn't put enough effort into its software development. But wl.com 2.0 has obviously been designed to accommodate 8X data (ie data from any combination whatsoever of VP2 transmitters and not limited in the way that a standard VP2 console is) and so in a sense is the successor to the 8X concept.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:49:10 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »
Amazing info. Thanks to all. I been so disconnected that I have no clue whats new. I have lots of research to do.... Didnt know Davis has new stuff coming...

----

anything