Author Topic: Archiving data - Macintosh  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Brainersan

• Anything Goes
Archiving data - Macintosh
« on: July 20, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »
Hi folks - I have a VantagePro2 and WeatherlinkIP. Everything works fine. I had some issues maintaining a connection to Weather Underground but I created a new station and now things seem OK. Can anyone recommend an application or process by which I can archive data? Even monthly would be OK. I just want to keep a notebook where I can track highs/lows. I set the station up in October 2015 and during that month had one of the highest wind speeds overall and now I am not sure how to see that information again (so I would know when, what day, etc). Going forward, I'd like something in place to save my data. It does not seem like Davis offers much support for the Mac. Seems strange in 2016!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Archiving data - Macintosh
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:59 PM »
Does Weathercat offer an archive download from wl.com? Sorry I don't know but maybe it's a possibility?

Otherwise the simple answer is to run Weatherlink for Windows I'm afraid. Problem is that Mac-owners constitute only 5-10% of WL users IME so inevitably Mac users get short-changed. Maybe the upcoming wl.com upgrade (whenever that lands) will provide an alternative approach?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Brainersan

• Anything Goes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
Thanks you buddy. I will check Weather Cat again. I appreciate it. I used to work at Apple in the 80s and then, no one paid any attention to Mac. But now? I'm very surprised. Anyway, I push on  :shock:

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:53:45 PM »
Weather Underground is not the most reliable, but Jachym's Meteotemplate www.meteotemplate.com does work with WU and also WL
What do I need to update my database? What software and hardware is supported? Meteotemplate currently supports outputs from Weather Display (clientraw), Cumulus (realtime), Weather View and Meteobridge. Data can also be downloaded and used for updates directly from Weather Underground server or Weather Link server. Meteohub can also be used as it is capable of generating clientraw.txt, a file with the same format as is produced by Weather Display, so you can use the same script as for Weather Display updates.
Paul