Weather Station Hardware > Weather Web Cams

How to make ftp upload be the same name

(1/2) > >>

Gruve5:
Hi,
  I am trying to set up my Amcrest camera to upload to my website server so that I can pull that image from the site and use it elsewhere. My problem is, everytime the Amcrest image sends a image, it of course makes a new file name matching the date and time it sends it. Does anyone know how I can either make it send one file name to the server or how to take the files the website receives and make it one filename so I can use the images.  I can see the camera's images are getting sent to the server, but they all have different names.
I would love to get this up and running because Amcrest has a 4k camera and it looks excellent!

Michael

ValentineWeather:
Many webcams have that issue with ftp. One workaround is have something like Blue Iris do the website upload.
So run BI on PC connected with the camera and have BI upload to the website.

PaulMy:
There are some threads here on this like http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=32044.0  and http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=23310.msg275076#msg275076

Enjoy,
Paul

Gruve5:
Thanks for the responses. I'm honestly not that fluent in html to understand what to do.  I do have a website that currently has the same ip camera image file being uploaded to it, however, my new camera creates a new file everytime.  Do I simply add that html to my site html? Or do I need to save that html in a file and upload it.

PaulMy:
I haven't used it for a while and not home at the moment to look at the insstructions but the script has to be uploaded to your remote and I had it in a separate folder.  The image date-stamped file being ftp was also in its own folder as it is deleted as soon as it is renamed.  The fixed renamed file was in another folder and the previous file is then replaced by the new renamed file.  I believe a cron job was set up to run the script once a minute.

Enjoy,
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version