Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185431 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #925 on: September 26, 2018, 09:39:35 AM »
AcuRite’s new Atlas has UV and solar data that is not being displayed. Need an update or a new hardware profile for the new Atlas.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #926 on: September 26, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
It looks like we've got a handle on the backend failures issue now; identifying and removing a very small bit'o'code, and monitoring for a few hours, gives us confidence this issue has been resolved.

We're still seeing the dreaded "backend failure" when clicking on the webcam image to drill into the monthly/daily noon image page. Keep on  ](*,)  Granted, in the whole scheme of things, I'm just happy that the page loads are back to an acceptable pace. Thanks for that.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #927 on: September 26, 2018, 11:21:31 AM »
Can you provide some links/details where you are seeing this.  I am unaware of a webcam backend failure message, but it might be the key to another tricky bug i've been noticing.

Offline mdbelt

« Reply #928 on: September 26, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »
Please help.
  • I can't alter (or even clear) the Status message on my station anymore.  I'm stuck.
  • I can't login to the Android App anymore.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #929 on: September 26, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
Can you provide some links/details where you are seeing this.  I am unaware of a webcam backend failure message, but it might be the key to another tricky bug i've been noticing.
Gladly.
From my main dashboard page ../personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWAREDMO131 click the Webcam tab to preview the current image.

Then click on the actual image (used to take you to the detail webcam page) ../webcams/BandRCaffe/1/show.html and you should see:

An error occured:
backend failure

LOL, and disregard my status message, it's all a 'work in progress'  and can't be edited :oops:

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #930 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »
Hmm, I'm not seeing this issue. Can you send the EXACT url that you are seeing the backend error on?  Please copy and paste from the URL bar of your browser.

Gladly.
From my main dashboard page ../personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWAREDMO131 click the Webcam tab to preview the current image.

Then click on the actual image (used to take you to the detail webcam page) ../webcams/BandRCaffe/1/show.html and you should see:

An error occured:
backend failure

LOL, and disregard my status message, it's all a 'work in progress'  and can't be edited :oops:

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #931 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »
Yep I'm not seeing the problem either. Try Control Refresh on your browser. Or clear your browser cache.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #932 on: September 26, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »
Hmm, I'm not seeing this issue. Can you send the EXACT url that you are seeing the backend error on?  Please copy and paste from the URL bar of your browser.

https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/BandRCaffe/1/show.html

Not a browser cache issue, trust me that was eliminated long ago.
Win10 64-bit (OS Build 17134.285 Version 1803)

Fails in Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (64-bit) [backend failure]
Fails in IE 11.285.17134.0 (11.0.85)  [throws an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error]
Fails in Chrome for iPad (69.0.3497.105)  [iOS 12.0] [backend failure]

Works in Edge (42.17134.1.0) [although there are major gaps in the daily detail images/videos] Interesting, it does display "Not secure" in the address bar.
Works in Safari for iPad (iOS 12.0) [again same gaps in the daily detail images/videos]

YMMV

Edit: Not sure this will help, but behind the 'backend failure' chrome page I see it's running sw.js

Edit2: text file went wonky, I can send it via PM if you like.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:24:58 PM by rormeister »

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #933 on: September 26, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »
Does the same thing happen in incognito, or when you are not logged in?  I can see the page just fine.  Were you ever noticing that you would try to go to the page and it would never load?  No backend failure or anything just a timeout?

https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/BandRCaffe/1/show.html

Not a browser cache issue, trust me that was eliminated long ago.
Win10 64-bit (OS Build 17134.285 Version 1803)

Fails in Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (64-bit) [backend failure]
Fails in IE 11.285.17134.0 (11.0.85)  [throws an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error]
Fails in Chrome for iPad (69.0.3497.105)  [iOS 12.0] [backend failure]

Works in Edge (42.17134.1.0) [although there are major gaps in the daily detail images/videos] Interesting, it does display "Not secure" in the address bar.
Works in Safari for iPad (iOS 12.0) [again same gaps in the daily detail images/videos]

YMMV

Edit: Not sure this will help, but behind the 'backend failure' chrome page I see it's running sw.js

Edit2: text file went wonky, I can send it via PM if you like.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #934 on: September 26, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »
Does the same thing happen in incognito, or when you are not logged in?  I can see the page just fine.  Were you ever noticing that you would try to go to the page and it would never load?  No backend failure or anything just a timeout?

Using Chrome in Guest or Incognito displays the page, so it has to be related to the login status; especially since Edge and IE were both logged out of WU. I would hazard a guess that if you are logged in and looking at your own page it misbehaves.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #935 on: September 26, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
Can you try now?  I pushed out a small change that should resolve your issue

Using Chrome in Guest or Incognito displays the page, so it has to be related to the login status; especially since Edge and IE were both logged out of WU. I would hazard a guess that if you are logged in and looking at your own page it misbehaves.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #936 on: September 26, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
Can you try now?  I pushed out a small change that should resolve your issue

We have liftoff! Thank you. It’s been like this since January. Hopefully this leads you in a good direction for other issues.

Offline hazyarc

« Reply #937 on: September 28, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »
I know it's probably a long shot at this point, but is there any chance of fixing the email alert when your PWS goes offline for a period of time?  This worked fine a few months ago but has completely stopped.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #938 on: September 28, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
We are investigating how and if we can bring this back.  The old emailer was pretty broken, and was very unreliable, now its totally broken and very reliably so :)

Offline Delta5

« Reply #939 on: September 28, 2018, 06:05:42 PM »
Is there an issue with the Member sign-in on the iOS Wunderground app?  New iPhone, so I'm trying to sign back in to WU.  When I try, I just get "Sorry, there was a problem connecting".  I upload from my PWS to WU, and my account status there & browsing reflect add-free member status.  Other iOS devices that have been signed-in are add free until I sign-out, then they have the same problem trying to sign in.

I see others talking about the same issue a few pages back, I tried flipping the Forecast Source between "Forecast on Demand" and "NWS", NWS seems to throw constant connection problem messages.  But doesn't seem to affect my sign-on either way. Also tried several WiFi locations and over LTE, so it's not the phone connectivity.

I emailed WU several days ago but never got a response.

Any ideas?  Kinda miss my add-free WU! 

Oh, and +1 to the email alert of a PWS outage. I've not had many outages in the ten years I've been uploading to WU, but it was nice to be alerted when it happened!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:11:48 PM by Delta5 »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #940 on: September 29, 2018, 05:42:02 AM »
I have the same problem. Upgraded my OnePlus 6 Android firmware and reset the phone. Installed all the apps again but I cannot sign into the Android WU app.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Delta5

« Reply #941 on: September 29, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »
I tried uninstalling & reinstalling several times, no improvement.  Reviews on the Apple app store are pretty bad. Dozens of recent 1-star ratings for this exact problem. Even for people who paid for add-free.

Please fix!

Offline PooreBoy

• My PWS
« Reply #942 on: October 01, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »
Add me to the list of users unable to login to the iOS app. I keep getting the message 'Sorry, there was an problem connecting.' This is occuring in iOS12. Please see attached screenshot.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #943 on: October 01, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
I can't sign into the android app Galaxy S7 Edge (when I click sign in nothing happens), my PWS shows it's not reporting but it shows to be uploading (using Weatherlink with Weather Underground module).

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #944 on: October 02, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
All,  apologies for the app login issues. We are working through it now. I believe we have a new build of the IOS app in testing.  Android will likely follow shortly.

For those of you who mentioned contacting support, how did you try to get in touch with us. I haven’t seen any tickets in our system about this.  Could just be I have my filters set wrong

Offline Delta5

« Reply #945 on: October 02, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Thanks for acknowledging & addressing the issue.  I look forward to a fix.

My message to support started with the "App Support" link from the App Store on the iOS Wunderground app's page. That goes to https://feedback.weather.com/?b_id=17298

From there, I found
https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2923679-how-do-i-restore-my-mobile-ad-free-subscription-?b_id=17298

Nothing there worked, so I clicked "Email Us".  Filled that out and included a screenshot exactly like PooreBoy's above. I have not gotten any response.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:40:12 PM by Delta5 »

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #946 on: October 02, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »
thanks, those should be getting through.  I'll look into why these tickets are not being addressed.

Offline TxDm93

« Reply #947 on: October 02, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »
I tried sending an email about my station not reporting from the support page but I get "validation failed Weather_Underground is invalid" when I try to send it.

Offline PooreBoy

• My PWS
« Reply #948 on: October 03, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
All,  apologies for the app login issues. We are working through it now. I believe we have a new build of the IOS app in testing.  Android will likely follow shortly.

For those of you who mentioned contacting support, how did you try to get in touch with us. I haven’t seen any tickets in our system about this.  Could just be I have my filters set wrong

I was just able to login using the current app for iOS 12. It didn't accept my saved p/w, but after typing it in I was able to login. So, thanks for hopefully fixing this issue...unless I just got lucky and this is a temp fix.  ;)

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #949 on: October 03, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
We fixed this earlier this week.

thanks for your patience

anything