Author Topic: Irox Pro x2  (Read 4499 times)

Offline garethjharvey

Irox Pro x2
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
I know I posted ages ago saying I was going to get a weather station (probably a Davis), but because of work commitments, I haven't got round to it yet. However, I've started to look at what station to get again and I came across the ‘Irox Pro x2’ (see link below), which seems to match my specification. Unfortunately, after searching the Internet, I can't find any reviews of it, (and very few mentions). Is the Irox sold under a different name outside the UK? Does anybody have any experience of this station?

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/electronic/complete-weather-station/irox-prox2-weather-station

thanks!

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Irox Pro x2
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
Is the Irox sold under a different name outside the UK? Does anybody have any experience of this station?

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/electronic/complete-weather-station/irox-prox2-weather-station

thanks!

I've not seen that one or one like it before.  I did note that it's all battery powered (no solar).
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
HI
its an OK station
it is sold under a number of different brands as well
some users have had trouble with the wireless reception - > distance but a mod to the antenna fixes that
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline drstorm215

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
Resembles some Honeywell stations.
If it is of that same brand, stay away.
I had horrible connectivity issues with one, as well as accuracy being questionable.
My Honeywell station was all batteries as well, I believe its a Chinese manufacturer.
Go with a davis or above and save some headaches....

Also, since I'm sure weather display does not want to knock another software, that software  was horrible, so don't expect that to be a bargain.
I will try to get back around myself to weather d
isplays software again, I had Weather display years,(and computers) ago.Still the best I have seen....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:50:36 PM by drstorm215 »

Mike
Davis Vantage Pro 2 6152
cumulus
MADIS: DW9251
WU: KPABEARC3

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:04:37 PM »
Resembles some Honeywell stations.
If it is of that same brand, stay away.
I had horrible connectivity issues with one, as well as accuracy being questionable.
My Honeywell station was all batteries as well, I believe its a Chinese manufacturer.
Go with a davis or above and save some headaches....

Also, since I'm sure weather display does not want to knock another software, that software  was horrible, so don't expect that to be a bargain.
I will try to get back around myself to weather d
isplays software again, I had Weather display years,(and computers) ago.Still the best I have seen....

Honeywell was no problem for me and hasn't been for going on 4 years now.  I have the TE923W.

Unless you're hardcore, go with the Davis if you want to pay extraordinarily high prices for things like a datalogger (the Irox/Honeywell/Meade has it built in) extra sensors (not sure how much overseas, but a Davis addl temp sensor is 165 US; for the IROX via Ambient it can be had for 20).

For my entire setup I wound up spending about 350 US.  For a comparable Davis setup, it would be closer to 800.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

anything