Author Topic: Automatic TimeLapse creator of the previous day ?  (Read 12324 times)

Offline angpapavasileiou

Automatic TimeLapse creator of the previous day ?
« on: July 10, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
Hello everyone! I have a question. Is there any way to create automatic timelapse videos from the previous day ? I use TinCam for upload my webcam image every 15 seconds. I want a program that can create a timelapse video automatically every night of the previous day.

Thank you,

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Automatic TimeLapse creator of the previous day ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »
Run this in a batch file:  http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen/
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:01:02 AM »
I use Photolapse to create my time lapse photos.  Never thought of running it in a batch file.  I'm going to give it a try.  Love the program.

KVAMCGAH2 - Massanutten VA Davis
KVAMASSA2 -Massanutten VA Oregon Scientific
WA2ONG

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
SebecTec can do that. Download at sebectec.com/download and use the video options tab. 

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »
SebecTec can do that. Download at sebectec.com/download and use the video options tab. 

Gee... is it free like Photolapse?? 

Seriously, I think it is disingenuous to offer up payware (79 bucks USD) without mentioning that in your ad.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:25:04 AM »
It is free to try for 30 days and has auto ftp uploading.  Photolapse I believe only makes .avi whereas sebectec can make .avi, .wmv or .FLV formated output using mencoder.  Often you get whay you pay for.  A lot of work went into it but of course you decide :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:34:42 AM by sebeclake »

Offline iomkiwi

• Kerikeri Weather Station
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:18 AM »

Seriously, I think it is disingenuous to offer up payware (79 bucks USD) without mentioning that in your ad.

But, to be fair, the OP didn't ask for freeware, it only asked for a program to do the job.

(I use neither program, but am interested in the options as well)

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
Let me see about making the time-lapse part of the program as freeware if anyone thinks it worthwhile.  Will take a few days to get to it.

Offline kanewolf

• Weather at Chez Baron
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »
If you have a linux box, you can use jpeg2swf.  I have started using it and it is much faster and lower memory footprint than ImageMagik.  Checkout http://www.swftools.org/

After looking on the website, there is also a Windows version.

Offline m77

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »
any sites apart from Wu that grab a url jpeg image every so often and makes a movie time lapse automatically?

Weatherlink ip, Vantage Vue,

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Let me see about making the time-lapse part of the program as freeware if anyone thinks it worthwhile.  Will take a few days to get to it.

Sound intresting, would it be possible to make it work with more than one image source?

I have images from 5 cams that I would like to create a timelapsed movie for.
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »

But, to be fair, the OP didn't ask for freeware, it only asked for a program to do the job.

(I use neither program, but am interested in the options as well)

+1 to this!

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 09:54:16 AM »
Willing Webcam can do time lapse automatically along with streaming.  It's not freeware.

Timecam.tv for a monthly fee will create and host your time lapse videos.  All you have to do is provide them the web address of your web camera.
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »

That'd be cool.  A nice segue to your software as well.

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
Yes, the time-lapse part will be free soon (it is a mencoder front end gui with ftp).  It will be at sebectec.com/download and will work the same as the 30 day limit version that is there now.  The time lapse features can be found on the Video tab.

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
I have been playing with the software and it creates a nice time lapse, BUT, for some reason it creates the movie at 6:00 each evening not at the end of the day.  I have the box checked that says make video at the end of each day.  The box below it is unchecked - it says make video every day at 18:00.  I guess I'm doing something wrong.  Any guesses?

WA2ONG

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
Good question (re sebectec).  End of day processing occurs at the stop time setting used when running a camera with the software (you will see that time on the Time-Lapse tab page).  If you don't use a camera you can leave the end of day checkbox unchecked and just use the checkbox on the video tab page to run the video at a set time of day

You can also set another checkbox to make a time-lapse video every N hours throughout the day (Intraday video).  You can see an example of the full day and intraday videos on these sites: http://rockwoodonmoosehead.org/images/ftp/  and www.greenvillewebcam.com and this one http://www.sebectec.com/center  -Mike
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:20:54 PM by sebeclake »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
Another option here I think.  http://www.skystudiopro.com/home  Never tried it but it looks interesting.

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »
Yes, the time-lapse part will be free soon (it is a mencoder front end gui with ftp).  It will be at sebectec.com/download and will work the same as the 30 day limit version that is there now.  The time lapse features can be found on the Video tab.

Any idea when it will be ready for download?
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »

I think this is a great idea. I would look forward to using it when ready.

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
Free version SebecTec with time-lapse is ready.  You can download here: www.sebectec.com/download/SebecTec_3.2.1_Free.msi  Be sure to uninstall any other version of SebecTec before installing this version.  Please let me know if there is any issue.  Thanks! -Mike

Offline gadget_guy

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
Just downloaded the software, uninstalled the 30 day trial and am installing the free version.  I'll let you know tomorrow how it workes.  You are the man!!!!

WA2ONG

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
Sometimes I make a mistake compiling the thing so if there is anything goofy just let me know. -Mike

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »
Sometimes I make a mistake compiling the thing so if there is anything goofy just let me know. -Mike

Working just great  =D>

Would it be possible to make it handle more than one source?

As I did write before so do I have 5 cams that I want to create movie's for.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:54:02 PM by Axelvold »
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden

Offline sebeclake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »
You can run more than one instance (that will remember the settings) by going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SebecTec LLC\SebecTec Webcam 1" (the x86 won't be there for windows XP).

Make a copy of the file "SebecTec Webcam.exe" then make a link to it and put on the desktop.  You should be able to copy and run as many instances as you like.  This will only work for the free time-lapse version.

anything