Author Topic: "Virtual Weather Station has stopped working"  (Read 2552 times)

Offline obyapka

"Virtual Weather Station has stopped working"
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:12:24 AM »
Chaps,

Since Friday I've been having computer woes - my primary boot disk developed problems - I managed to copy stuff off it via a spare PC, and re-installed Win7 on to a replacement spare disk, installing VWS, ImageSalsa, MovieSalsa... all was "okay" for 2 days and nights (despite finding my PC switched off come each morning).

This morning I can load VWS... but then after it detects all the sensors it bombs out with "Virtual Weather Station has stopped working". I was using v14.00 p103 (as previously). I've uninstalled this and applied the latest version... I get the same problem. I've rebooted after applying MS Windows Updates.. .rebooted again, still same problem.

I've had this particular PC running continuously for over a year without problem with VWS on Win 7, and now this happens. I'm tearing my hair out - especially after the hard disk failure :-(

Can anyone advise anything?

Another thing to note - ImageSalsa that was also working since I installed to the new hard disk - I now get errors, asking me to contact the imagesalsa support -
Version: v1.9.14
Module: DIB.cls
Procedure: Clear
Line #: 3
Error #: 48
Error Descrption: File not found ImageSalsa.dll

Could these problems be related to an underlying issue?

thanks in advance
Brian

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Re: "Virtual Weather Station has stopped working"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:13:41 AM »
This is a new hard disk on the old computer? If so, you might have a disk controller going bad, and since most of them are embedded, that would be the system board.

I would try a free hard disk utility and run a scan on the drive. If you get errors with the new drive, then the controller is suspect.

Offline obyapka

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »
Could you recommend a utility? There's so many cons when you google things now a days.

The drive with my boot partition : I attached this to a spare PC, and even that PC had problems accessing it. Win7 suggesting its facing imminent failure. I was lucky to copy off it what I could, but it kept hanging and took me what seemed forever. I've had no issues with the 2 other drives in this PC.

My original PC config was a 1tb drive, two partitions one of which was the boot partition. Plus a pair of 2tb drives (multiple partitions each) that are still running okay with no issues.

Wouldn't the disk controller on the system board also be responsible for the pair of 2tb drives?

thanks for replying.

Offline obyapka

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »
I've run a simple chkdsk of every partition and they come back clean.