Author Topic: WS-2813 Currdat.lst not updating  (Read 2036 times)

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
WS-2813 Currdat.lst not updating
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »
Looking for support or suggestions of what to try...

I have had a WS-2813 that was working correctly for about 18 months.  For the last couple of weeks I have had problems reading from the Wind Gauge.  I cleaned the Wind Sensor, Rain Sensor, and Thermo Hygro Sensor.  I replaced the batteries in the Wireless Display, Rain Sensor, and Thermo Hygro.  I still had some issues with getting the wind to display, but after powering it down, and syncing with the Wireless Display, I was able to get everything up and running fully on the Wireless Display.  For 48 hours, everything has been displaying correctly on the device.

However, I must of reset something between the connectivity of the Wireless Display and the USB Transceiver.

I am running WUHU.exe to read and send to Weather Underground.

The Windows Event Viewer under Applications states the following -
Event ID 1987 - LaCrosse Alerts PWS - Unable to run. No subscription key in config file. Please enter a valid subscription key. 

If I try to run Weather Direct, it says USB-ERF-Gateway is unknown or already registered on website.  Please delete gateway address on website. 

1)  Are there instructions anywhere or another forum posting on how to properly resync/troubleshoot?

2)  Where can you get the latest version of software?

3)  What is the GatewayAdmin and GatewayAdminUSB programs used for?

4)  Where can I get the latest version of WUHW?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!   ;)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:22:22 PM by timisw »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WS-2813 Currdat.lst not updating
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
When you unplug the USB transceiver from the pc port and plug it back in does the pc recognize it? Can you see in the device manager that the device is seen correctly or does it give an error?

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
If I remove it, I get the normal Windows sound for USB being removed.

If I attach it, I get the normal Windows sound for USB being inserted.

With Windows 10...

Under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers, I see Weather Direct Light Wireless Device under "Unspecified".

If I got to Properties, I get "This device is working properly".

If I got o Device Manager, I see the device showing as USB Input Device and HID-complaint consumer control device under HID with a Class Guid: 745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA (same one seen under the control panel).

If I remove the device, these go away in device manager.

If I re-add the device, the above both come back.

Each time I attach, I get EventID 1987 - Unable to run. No subscription key in config file. Please enter a valid subscription key.

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
Bump!  Hoping for help here!

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
I see no alerts in Device Manager.  It looks like it is not causing any alerts there.

I believe Unspecified is the fact that it is a Bluetooth Device currently not communicating to anything.  I have a Mindstorm EV3 Robot there as well that is currently not connected.

If I right click on the device and go to properties, I see -

This device is working properly.

Under Hardware Tab, I see that it is a HID compliant vendor-defined device and a USB Input Device.

Where in WUHU or other do I put the Station ID and Station Key?  I do have these put into the Weather Underground portion.

Station ID: KIDLEWIS11
Station key: d99411f9

My currdat.lst file is not updating....  So I still believe it is a handshake between the two device (which worked until I changed the batteries. 

Appreciate the help Dan!

Offline timisw

• Nick's Weather Station
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
Questions...

I have a WS-2813...

What do I need running on my machine?

I did have HUWU of some version that I had set to La Crosse.

I found Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800 which seemed to be running on my machine for a long time but stopped about 4 months ago.

Is there a way to delete eveyrthing and start over from scratch with correct instructions?

anything