Author Topic: LaCrosse Alerts Reporting errors  (Read 1888 times)

Offline 10ACTony

LaCrosse Alerts Reporting errors
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:55:28 PM »
Anyone out there subscribing to LaCrosse Alerts?  I'm in the trial period now.  Do you notice errors in the data specifically Feels Like.   Very often the Feels like is above the actual temp.  For example last night the temp was 32 and Feels like was 48.  I also set up alerts and get several wind alerts each day with no value.  Wind speed is set for 50MPH.  I guess I need to contact customer no support.

Thanks
//
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message though a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
//

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: LaCrosse Alerts Reporting errors
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
Are you saying that the feels like should never be higher than the actual temp. I am not sure that is correct.

Offline 10ACTony

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:14 AM »
I don't see how it could in the winter.  Wind makes it feel likes it's colder.   In the summer the same can make it feel like it's cooler.    Right now the web site  numbers: Temp - 48.6 Feels Like - 50.1, whereas the a meteorologist that lives in our neighborhood is reporting 48.6 and 48.6 and the National Weather service says 50 and 46.  Neighbor and NWS is as expected. I must be missing something here as I just found this
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ddc/?n=windchill#Now

according to this the LaCrosse web sites numbers are correct. Maybe low winds aren't valid for this.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:04:48 AM by 10ACTony »
//
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message though a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
//

Offline skydvrz

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
I also set up alerts and get several wind alerts each day with no value.  Wind speed is set for 50MPH.  I guess I need to contact customer no support.

I have the same problem.  It sends me high wind warnings 4-5 times a day when the wind speed is dead calm to maybe 5 MPH.  I wrote LCX support and got a "we made some changes a week or two ago to fix that" reply.  That is when I started using Alerts.  I wrote them back and said it is still broken and have not had a reply.

I had to shut the wind alert off, since it was driving me nuts with SMS texts to my smartphone. 

This sux, as high winds in my neighborhood means there is a 48" tree trunk though your living room ceiling in the immediate future... Or at the very least a week long power outage from trees falling across power lines.