Author Topic: NovaLynx Model 380-600 Thermometer Shelter Pics  (Read 3765 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
NovaLynx Model 380-600 Thermometer Shelter Pics
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:51:30 PM »
Some photos of my new NovaLynx thermometer shelter.

Inside are the probe for my YARCH Davis Clone heater temperature controller (top probe), Davis 6477 probe connected to one of those "spare" ISS boxes inside the garage, an old-school min-max thermometer and the netatmo outdoor module (top/left). This replaced another thermometer shelter that peeled, delaminated and basically fell apart. Fortunately, I got my money back on it.

The Davis probe temperature is not bad when there is some wind hitting this side of the garage, but when the shelter is in the lee the error can climb to several degrees. My original motivation for this was to have a better place for the rain gauge heater's controller probe and more goodies got added. I'll add a link to a plot showing this Davis probe (Gar-Shelter) versus the DFARS ISS and Temp/Hum station. I added a light for night viewing. The paint was still slightly tacky when it arrived and the door tended to stick. The reflective tape was my fix.

Greg H.

Head-on view:

Door Open:

Closer view:

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: NovaLynx Model 380-600 Thermometer Shelter Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
Old school, I remember those. Mount on north side of building. 
I noticed they had the full size cotton region shelters also. I had one of those years ago with the Townsend mount and thermometers.
Randy

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:59:37 PM »
Any chance of seeing the display unit inside your house? I just recently got the humidity and temperature units and here's a photo of them.

Don in Ohio

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:26 AM »
Any chance of seeing the display unit inside your house? I just recently got the humidity and temperature units and here's a photo of them.

Don in Ohio

I can view the temperature on the netatmo app and the Davis temp station with the various consoles.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF