Author Topic: New version of Weatherlink  (Read 3608 times)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
New version of Weatherlink
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »
Looks like it mostly has to do with the USB connection.
http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/software_sftwr.asp

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: New version of Weatherlink
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
Well that turned out to be an interesting hour of my life I will never get back.   :mrgreen:

Decided to do upgrades this morning.  First upgraded to the latest VWS V14.00p45.  No problems.  Upgraded WeatherLink to 5.8.2 with no problems.  Decided to delete older version of WeatherLink (5.8.1), problems!   #-o

When deleting the older version using Win control panel it did not ask me about the shared files that WL warns not to delete if you remove an older version.  So apparently it deleted something as when restarting WeatherLink I got a missing dll file error.  So run the installer a second time selecting the repair option.  That got WeatherLink 5.8.2 back running.  But now VWS crashed on startup.   #-o  Since there is no repair option in the VWS installer I had to uninstall via the control panel and reinstall.

Oh almost forgot to mention in the middle of all of that Virtual VP threw an error, virtual console 6 to many consecutive errors.  Still not sure what prompted that one but it seemed to have fixed itself once I got the other software sorted back out.

Once again the birds are singing and the sun is shinning....  for now.  8-[
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:23:37 PM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »
I love these forums!  Your pain can now be another's salvation! =D>

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:47:36 AM »
I repeated the same procedure this afternoon on my laptop with the exception of uninstalling the old version of WeatherLink before installing the new version.  All went smoothly this time. 

Still can't figure how changing WeatherLink should have bothered VWS given I had everything shutdown while making the changes to WeatherLink on the old desktop this morning.  I thought maybe somehow a shared file was the cause of that.  But since it did not happen on my second computer who knows...   :roll:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything