Author Topic: WeatherLink questions from a new user  (Read 2889 times)

Offline qriusjorj

WeatherLink questions from a new user
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
Hi there!

I just purchased a Davis Weather Envoy and two temperature sensors.

On the WeatherLink.com website it displays the current temperature recorded from my equipment. How do I know which sensor this temperature reading is coming from? I'd prefer to see the current temperature at EACH temperature sensor. Is that not possible?

Also, I notice similar behavior when I download the data into the WeatherLink software. It only records one temperature. I'm not sure which sensor this is coming from (and would prefer to see a breakdown of each individual sensor).

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,
Sam

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: WeatherLink questions from a new user
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:14:25 PM »
Hi there!

I just purchased a Davis Weather Envoy and two temperature sensors.

On the WeatherLink.com website it displays the current temperature recorded from my equipment. How do I know which sensor this temperature reading is coming from? I'd prefer to see the current temperature at EACH temperature sensor. Is that not possible?

Also, I notice similar behavior when I download the data into the WeatherLink software. It only records one temperature. I'm not sure which sensor this is coming from (and would prefer to see a breakdown of each individual sensor).

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,
Sam
It would help if you give also the url (=address) of your website en of the page on WeatherLink.
QUESTION: Can you be more specific about your equipment?
Do you really connected TWO temperature sensors to 1 Envoy.
The manual http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-281_IM_06316.pdf shows that only ONE external temp probe can be connected.
Normally it contains already a temp/hum sensor which is reported as inside temp and inside hum.

Further on there should also be a logger in the Envoy.
Otherwhise the data will not reach your console/weahterprogra and Weatherlink.com site.

Wim

Offline qriusjorj

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 02:06:32 PM »
Wim,

Thanks for the reply! I'd be happy to provide you with the information you requested.

1. The URL of our WeatherLink website is: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/bortonfruit/

2. I have a Davis WeatherLink IP data logger #6555 plugged into our company LAN as well as the Davis Weather Envoy #6316.

3. Page 11 of the 2014 Davis Product manual http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/catalog_pages/Weather_Catalog.pdf shows that a maximum of 3 temperature stations can be used with the Weather Envoy (and 8 can be used with the Envoy8x). Before I purchased my equipment, the salesman at Davis confirmed that I could use 1-3 temperature stations. Strange that the Weather Envoy manual reads differently.

4. So I really do have two external wireless temperature sensors. But I guess I don't have any confirmation that the Envoy is recording data from both of them. WeatherLink (the software and the website) only report one temperature. Is this the inside temperature of the Envoy? Or is it the temperature of just one of the external sensors? Perhaps it's an average of them all?

Thanks,
Sam

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »
As far as I can see on Weatherlink.com are the two extra sensor stations  are reported on the Weatherlink.com summary page at the bottom.
Wim

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »
As far as I can see on Weatherlink.com are the two extra sensor stations  are reported on the Weatherlink.com summary page at the bottom.
Wim

All I see are N/A's.  I guess he's working on it.  Although I do see the extra sensor on the summary page

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/bortonfruit/index.php?view=summary&headers=1
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
It looks to me like it is now reporting the two sensors at the bottom of the page where they should be...

I do not know for sure but I suspect the third temp is the one not showing at the top of the page which would normally be the ISS which I don't think he has therefore it is blank.

anything