Author Topic: Weatherlink iOS app  (Read 5234 times)

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
Weatherlink iOS app
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »
Has anyone else found that after upgrading to iOS 8 on their iphone or ipad, that the weatherlink app stopped working?.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Weatherlink iOS app
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
Same here, I have a 5s.  I might uninstall it , restart the phone and then reload it.   I don't know if that will work or not

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
Deleting and reinstalling looks to have resolved the problem on my 5c.

Edit: Opps, spoke to soon.  When I entered a local city it started shutting down again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:05:03 PM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »
I am wondering because of the new phone if everything is busy right now with all the Geeks in line waiting to get their new phone and steaming up the bandwidth.

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
Good to know it's not just me having problems.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »
It crashed after I did everything I suggested. flashed the davis station,   I am going to give it about a week and then see what is shaking, if anything.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »
I found Davis posted the following in reply to a couple queries on their Facebook page about problems with iOS 8:

We're sorry for the trouble. We're working on finding out the issue and getting a fix out in the next few weeks.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:19 PM »
i am confident many apps are not doing well with the new IOS8.  Even the Health app of apple isn't working right and has been pulled for now.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »
I found today that my LogMeIn Ignition app I use for logging into our work computers also has a known problem they are working on an update for.  It stays running but the top row of the keyboard is distorted showing double keys making it unusable.  Several other apps have already updated.

Been a bad week for me and computers.  The Time Warner issue shutdown email at work for us for over a day Thursday.  Not good given that is the route most of our new customer work order notices arrive from the warranty companies.  Had to sort lingering issues out of the boss's computer this morning from that.  Least we held internet and phones.  Scary really how much we depend on internet and email anymore even in a small brick and mortar retail sales and service company.  I still remember when we got along fine with paper service diagrams, phone calls on copper wire and a friendly mailman dropping off parts invoices, customer checks, etc and picking up a stack of the same to deliver for us.  They did not seem to require near as many updates.   :lol:
Mark 

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »
I am wondering because of the new phone if everything is busy right now with all the Geeks in line waiting to get their new phone and steaming up the bandwidth.

This sounds like my luck:

First Person to Buy an iPhone 6 Drops It on Live TV
Sep 19, 2014, 8:01 AM ET

Talk about bad luck.

The first person to buy a new iPhone 6 in Perth, Australia, early this morning proceeded to drop it on the ground as he was being interviewed on live TV.

The young man, named Jack, and a Channel 9 reporter struggled to cut the plastic covering the box. As he excitedly opened it, the phone fell out and landed on the concrete.

"All good, all good," he said.

The reporter responded with an expletive.

The brand-new phone appeared to survive the fall as Jack carefully placed it back in the box.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »
This app should work on the iPad Air correct? Once it's fixed that is. It's not the greatest app but at least it gets me to all my sensors. I have the Android version on my phone.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline bedlam

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
October 15th and I'm still without a working Weatherlink app on my iPhone and iPad since my upgrade to IOS8 and then again to IOS 8.0.2. Being such a popular app I'm surprised this has not been fixed. Unless someone knows of a workaround??

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
October 15th and I'm still without a working Weatherlink app on my iPhone and iPad since my upgrade to IOS8 and then again to IOS 8.0.2. Being such a popular app I'm surprised this has not been fixed. Unless someone knows of a workaround??
An Android phone.  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline bedlam

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
Touche! #-o

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 01:28:46 AM »
Still waiting here too.   :-|
Mark 

Offline ryan hothersall

• Senior Contributor
    • My Stuff on the Web
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »
The weatherlink app has been updated, so go into the app store on the phone or pad and in the updates section you will see it.

However, for us who have the iphone 6 and 6+, it looks a bit weird on the bigger screen, so I think it's time Davis to do a new one.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 01:52:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Ryan!   8-)
Mark 

Offline bedlam

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 09:51:01 PM »
Works like a charm now!