Author Topic: minor but annoying problem  (Read 1435 times)

Offline imaddicted2u

minor but annoying problem
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
My Wunderground profile is set to Metric. When I open the site it pops in metric, then a few seconds later switches to english. I have to select the gear icon and switch back the C.
Any idea why or how to fix.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: minor but annoying problem
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
Weatherunderground has a lot of issues. Yours being one of them.
You could try emailing them but it's doubtful you get a response.
It's sad that their service has really gone downhill but their parent company, IBM is pulling the strings. Until they decide to run WU efficiently, what you see is what you get.

Offline imaddicted2u

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:12:27 PM »
Thanks... I did email them, no reply.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »
Sad to say it won't get better.  The web pages are so broken now they don't even read their own cookies correctly and there is no reason to think they even care at this point.

Offline imaddicted2u

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
Sadly all this weather stuff has gone to shit. For one reason or another speaking about  WU, VVP, Weatherlink, VWS, the lighting stuff, etcetera. The old day were better 15 years ago, but the market is saturated and the money isn't there to support what we had... Me I don't' even maintain my web site and just gone back to when I started this hobby and use for my own entertainment tho I still send data to here and there but some day that probably be gone also. Back in the day when there wasn't any commercial weather sites it was a lot of fun, but now weather stuff is a dime a dozen 
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »
About WU its a pain to have to reset everything every time you goto WU. By the time I spend finding the same stuff I want to look at every day I don't really care about what is there. LOL
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline zroger73

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »
Wunderground.com is junk.

About a year ago, the rain sensor in my WS-1400-IP stopped working. While it was being replaced, I added a status message on my Weather Underground station page. After I got the replacement weather station up and running several days later, I went to delete the status message, but it wouldn't delete. Apparently, the ability to delete a status message after it is no longer needed broke and nobody ever fixed it. It can be CHANGED, but it can't be DELETED. Now, I can't get the °C setting to "stick" - it keeps reverting to °F. I've emailed Weather Underground at least a half-dozen times about these issues, but I never get a reply.

anything