Author Topic: Vantage Vue + Raspberrypi 3 + Weewx + Belfryboy Datalogger  (Read 2319 times)

Offline PraveenC31

Vantage Vue + Raspberrypi 3 + Weewx + Belfryboy Datalogger
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:00:26 AM »
Hi All,

I have a Vantage Vue with me since an year. Want to start uploading to WU now. I have ordered a datalogger from Belfryboy and its on the way. I plan to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 and use weewx to upload to WU. I assume its a feasible plan? Would I be able to turn on Rapidfire using Raspberry pi or would the Pi be overwhelmed by the traffic? The joy of the weather station is in seeing instantaneous wind gusts and rainfall rates (which spike up to 200mm/hr occasionally during intense thunderstorms here with gusts of 60kmph). I do not want to miss those to WU by not going for Rapidfire.

Regards,
Praveen

Offline gjr80

Re: Vantage Vue + Raspberrypi 3 + Weewx + Belfryboy Datalogger
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:44:26 AM »
Hi,

Eminently feasible. A RPi3 will easily handle weeWX, a Vue and rapidfire.

Gary

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:11:56 AM »
Thanks Gary!  :-)

Offline bennie

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 08:27:11 AM »
Hi All,

I have a Vantage Vue with me since an year. Want to start uploading to WU now. I have ordered a datalogger from Belfryboy and its on the way. I plan to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 and use weewx to upload to WU. I assume its a feasible plan? Would I be able to turn on Rapidfire using Raspberry pi or would the Pi be overwhelmed by the traffic? The joy of the weather station is in seeing instantaneous wind gusts and rainfall rates (which spike up to 200mm/hr occasionally during intense thunderstorms here with gusts of 60kmph). I do not want to miss those to WU by not going for Rapidfire.

Regards,
Praveen

Wow... sounds like the same plan I want to do as well Praveen, but I'll be going with the Vantage Pro 2+ ...

A quick question what is this rapidfire that you're talking about?

Thanks!
Bennie

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:43:18 AM »
Hi All,

Regards,
Praveen

Wow... sounds like the same plan I want to do as well Praveen, but I'll be going with the Vantage Pro 2+ ...

A quick question what is this rapidfire that you're talking about?

Thanks!
Bennie

http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgebase/articles/129006-what-is-rapid-fire

anything