Author Topic: CoCoRaHS vs. Davis Vantage Pro 2 Rainfall Measurements  (Read 20123 times)

Offline darkstarpa

Re: CoCoRaHS vs. Davis Vantage Pro 2 Rainfall Measurements
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
The results are in with the most recent event.
My station recorded 0.13 inches of rain.
All other stations in the area were 0.33 to a high of 0.43 inches of rain.

At this point, i am frustrated as I paid decent money for the set up.

Not sure what my plan is exactly. Sorta of just want to toss it in the trash. :-x

I assume if I call Davis again, they will tell me that their systems rarely fail and rain totals vary across areas.

Update.

I bought a new tripod for the ISS/rain collector. More money for the hobby 8-)

My rain readings have improved drastically. Very minor events in NW NJ recently with precip. I have not hit the jackpot yet locally with rain, but the past 3 events have been in line with other weather stations in a 1-7 sq mile radius.No other station in the area is a Davis model. Gut check tells me that my ISS/rain collector was not level on the post that it was installed on at first.
I have been using a construction level to verify prior to the most recent events that the set up is confirmed level.
True test comes Sunday night into Monday. Rain is forecasted to be between a 1/2 inch to locally 2 with a tropical system that is expected to impact the east coast. Biggest rain event in months.

New problem is that I am getting plant stuff in the Davis rain collector cone.
I have the debris screen, but still getting particles falling into the cone. Some particles physically breach or clog the rain entry point.
I have been cleaning it every other day. Dust and other stuff seem to be taking hold on the tipping scale or collecting particles inside etc.
Do you men/women keep the shield in during a rain event? Wondering if this impact totals.

Plan to buy the CoCoRaHS rain collector next week to dig deep in the data.

Best.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:40:38 PM by darkstarpa »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2016, 08:30:10 PM »
New problem is that I am getting plant stuff in the Davis rain collector cone.
I have the debris screen, but still getting particles falling into the cone. Some particles physically breach or clog the rain entry point.
I have been cleaning it every other day. Dust and other stuff seem to be taking hold on the tipping scale or collecting particles inside etc.
Do you men/women keep the shield in during a rain event? Wondering if this impact totals.
If you have the Davis screen, many have changed to something different like discussed here http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=4888.msg214211;topicseen#msg214211

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:06 PM »
This is what the recent 3 1/4 hour event looked like in rainfall rates. (4.32") total. Gives a indication how non siphon tipping bucket can struggle to keep up if calibrated, say 1" per/hr rate vs 3" per/hr rate. The faster the rate and tips the more loss between tips. 
If you are calibrated at 3" rate and rain never exceeds 1" which is typical light/moderate rain you will read a few tips high vs reading a lot low when the rates reach 4-7" per/hr even if not steady over extended time period.

So basically non siphon tipping buckets aren't one size fits all.

Siphon tipping buckets are more accurate at above the 2" per/hr rate less accurate below this rate where many rain events occur in my area. This is why I don't own one. 
The best solution is software correction like the NWS ASOS where it adjusts on speed of tips unfortunately the software I use doesn't have this correction either.  ](*,)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:48:49 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
I am over reporting rain in my DVP2. 1.05 in the Davis and .65 in Mr. CoCo. It has to be an ISS level issue. I watched the console and in very light rain, the gauge went from .73 to .75. So the tipper must have gone back and forth so quickly that .74 never showed up. I believe the ISS transmits to the console every few seconds instead of real time thus supporting my hypothesis. Now I will do my best to get the ISS level to remedy the problem. Other than a level tool, any suggestions? Maybe after 11 years I have periodically put too much pressure on the pole and maybe the pole has bent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 10:17:51 PM »
Its really easy to get early tips when mounted on a pole at 6+feet, when the slightest movement will cause bucket to tip about 3/4 full.  The fact is all rain gauges and especially something like a tipping bucket needs a solid non moving mount about 3-4' off the ground. If its calibrated correctly and level accuracy can be within 1-4% of actual rainfall consistently.
My favorite for this is the stand alone gauges like the Rainwise I mentioned earlier.
Randy

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »
Well, as suggested by Jim and Randy above, I purchased a Rainwise 111 tipping raingauge (8 inches in diameter). While it is early in the game, I now have 3 rain measurement tools none of which currently agree with each other. The VP2, Mr. CoCo, and now the Rainwise. In the latest rain event, the VP2 had .18, Mr. CoCo had .12 and the Rainwise had .16. While directionally the same, all different. The rainfall was a slow, non windy event. Oh well, solving this puzzle may take a better part of the Summer, but at least we are having fun (I think) and our spouses don't complain except for the money being spent on new Weather toys--first a new ISS, then a daytime fan, then a SHT31, and now another tipping gauge that confirms neither Mr. CoCo nor my VP2 are "correct"! Any other suggestions for toys to try? Seriously, I believe the Rainwise will be more accurate over time than the VP2 and plan to use it to calibrate the VP2, or as suggested by Jim, replace the VP2 gauge with the Rainwise!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:57:55 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline mike88ag

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »
I just came across this discussion and figured I'd weigh in. I've been using Davis Instruments products ever since I purchased a Weather Monitor II over 20 years ago. I never knew how far off the tipping bucket measurements were until ~10 years ago when I mounted a CoCoRaHs gauge on the opposite side of the pole from my Vantage Pro2 tipping bucket. I was surprised to discover how much the Davis was under-reporting. While I recognize that a tipping bucket can never be calibrated to match the CoCo in all situations, I do think it can be adjusted such that the average error over time is minimal.

I start by calibrating the tipping bucket to a known volume of water. This gets it close and ensures both sides are equally balanced. Based on my calculations, 5.4377 cc should result in one tip of the bucket. However, it's pretty tough to measure a small volume of water to a fraction of a cc. I choose to use either 54.38 cc for 0.1" or 271.89 cc for 0.5". If you don't want to stand there long enough to trickle in such a large volume of water, I discovered a very simple solution. Measure the correct volume of water and pour it into a plastic water bottle. Puncture a VERY small hole in the cap, turn the bottle upside down in the rain collector, and if necessary, poke another small hole above the water line to let air in. You can stand there and count tips with the rain collector disconnected, but with the larger volume of water you might be there awhile. Conversely, you can leave the rain collector connected so it transmits to the ISS, then walk away until the water has drained and check your console for the total. (Note:  When I do it this way, I always edit the database records to remove 'false' precipitation. If you're uploading to CWOP or Weather Underground, you'll want to suspend the uploads during this process and clear the archive before restarting them. Based on the delta between the tipping bucket and the CoCo, you simply adjust the screws as necessary to account for the discrepancy (one turn for each 6%).

The next step involves comparing the two gauges over a period of time and with varying rainfall intensities. At low rainfall rates, the volumetric technique described above should result in very little error. But if you live in an area with frequent heavy thunderstorms, this technique will result in the tipping bucket under-reporting by a significant amount. I adjust mine such that the readings are fairly close during a moderate thunderstorm. This typically results in over-reporting rainfall during light rainfall events and under-reporting during heavy rainfall events. In terms of error percentage, I want the positive error during light rain to be a bit larger than the negative error during heavy rain. Why? Because my intent is for the total rainfall reported over a longer period of time to be close to correct. Here along the Gulf coast, I tend to receive more precipitation throughout the year during heavy rainfall events than I do during light rainfall events.

The bigger question here is why Davis can't do a better job of calibrating the tipping bucket to begin with. I've found them to routinely be off by at least 25%. In fact, I recently sent my ISS in for refurbishing and I had to start the calibration process all over again when it was returned. It can take quite a bit of time, and I still don't have it just right. During the recent Tax Day flood, the CoCo measured 12.4", while the Davis reported 10.87" (>12% error). I made some additional adjustments, and based on several checks since then it seems that I'm over-reporting by 2.8% (this from a mixture of light and heavy rainfall events). It looks like I need to turn 'em to the right just a bit.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
I just came across this discussion and figured I'd weigh in. I've been using Davis Instruments products ever since I purchased a Weather Monitor II over 20 years ago. I never knew how far off the tipping bucket measurements were until ~10 years ago when I mounted a CoCoRaHs gauge on the opposite side of the pole from my Vantage Pro2 tipping bucket. I was surprised to discover how much the Davis was under-reporting. While I recognize that a tipping bucket can never be calibrated to match the CoCo in all situations, I do think it can be adjusted such that the average error over time is minimal.

I start by calibrating the tipping bucket to a known volume of water. This gets it close and ensures both sides are equally balanced. Based on my calculations, 5.4377 cc should result in one tip of the bucket. However, it's pretty tough to measure a small volume of water to a fraction of a cc. I choose to use either 54.38 cc for 0.1" or 271.89 cc for 0.5". If you don't want to stand there long enough to trickle in such a large volume of water, I discovered a very simple solution. Measure the correct volume of water and pour it into a plastic water bottle. Puncture a VERY small hole in the cap, turn the bottle upside down in the rain collector, and if necessary, poke another small hole above the water line to let air in. You can stand there and count tips with the rain collector disconnected, but with the larger volume of water you might be there awhile. Conversely, you can leave the rain collector connected so it transmits to the ISS, then walk away until the water has drained and check your console for the total. (Note:  When I do it this way, I always edit the database records to remove 'false' precipitation. If you're uploading to CWOP or Weather Underground, you'll want to suspend the uploads during this process and clear the archive before restarting them. Based on the delta between the tipping bucket and the CoCo, you simply adjust the screws as necessary to account for the discrepancy (one turn for each 6%).

The next step involves comparing the two gauges over a period of time and with varying rainfall intensities. At low rainfall rates, the volumetric technique described above should result in very little error. But if you live in an area with frequent heavy thunderstorms, this technique will result in the tipping bucket under-reporting by a significant amount. I adjust mine such that the readings are fairly close during a moderate thunderstorm. This typically results in over-reporting rainfall during light rainfall events and under-reporting during heavy rainfall events. In terms of error percentage, I want the positive error during light rain to be a bit larger than the negative error during heavy rain. Why? Because my intent is for the total rainfall reported over a longer period of time to be close to correct. Here along the Gulf coast, I tend to receive more precipitation throughout the year during heavy rainfall events than I do during light rainfall events.

The bigger question here is why Davis can't do a better job of calibrating the tipping bucket to begin with. I've found them to routinely be off by at least 25%. In fact, I recently sent my ISS in for refurbishing and I had to start the calibration process all over again when it was returned. It can take quite a bit of time, and I still don't have it just right. During the recent Tax Day flood, the CoCo measured 12.4", while the Davis reported 10.87" (>12% error). I made some additional adjustments, and based on several checks since then it seems that I'm over-reporting by 2.8% (this from a mixture of light and heavy rainfall events). It looks like I need to turn 'em to the right just a bit.

Great discussion, Mike. See my further issues in a separate thread, "4" CoCoRaHS loss vs. 8" NWS standard" elsewhere in this Forum. In short, I believe you are correct when Davis "calibrates" its tippers!

Offline Bluefudge

• Chilliwack Weather
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2016, 02:38:37 AM »
So I decided to do a comparison over the past week and a half with three rain gauges.  One is a VP2 gauge on the roof of my house, another one is the 4" (CoCo) on a fence post and lastly the Torrent rain gauge (metric version) which has the reading on the gauges and is located on the deck close to the 4".  I also have a torrent rain gauge that reads in inches but did not use that one for this test.

Here are the numbers:

June 10
Davis   10.4 mm
4"        10.0 mm
Torrent 10.5 mm

June 11
Davis    0.2 mm
4"         Tr
Torrent  0.2 mm

June 13
Davis    2.6 mm
4"         2.4 mm
Torrent  1.7 mm

June 14
Davis   0.6 mm
4"        0.8 mm
Torrent 0.8 mm

June 15
Davis   0.4 mm
4"        0.4 mm
Torrent 0.3 mm

June 18
Davis   13.2 mm
4"        12.4 mm
Torrent 13.3 mm

June 19
Davis    0.2 mm
4"         0.2 mm
Torrent  0.2 mm

Total
Davis   27.6 mm / 1.09 in.
4"        26.2 mm / 1.03 in.
Torrent 27.0 mm / 1.06 in. 

Overall I am pleased with the results, I did not think it would be as close as it was.  It'll be interesting when we get some even heavier rainfalls. 

One thing I like about the torrent rain gauge is that it measures in increments of 0.1 mm as opposed to the other two which are 0.2 mm.  The inch version of the torrent actually measures every thousandth of an inch!! 

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »
So I decided to do a comparison over the past week and a half with three rain gauges.  One is a VP2 gauge on the roof of my house, another one is the 4" (CoCo) on a fence post and lastly the Torrent rain gauge (metric version) which has the reading on the gauges and is located on the deck close to the 4".  I also have a torrent rain gauge that reads in inches but did not use that one for this test.

Here are the numbers:

June 10
Davis   10.4 mm
4"        10.0 mm
Torrent 10.5 mm

June 11
Davis    0.2 mm
4"         Tr
Torrent  0.2 mm

June 13
Davis    2.6 mm
4"         2.4 mm
Torrent  1.7 mm

June 14
Davis   0.6 mm
4"        0.8 mm
Torrent 0.8 mm

June 15
Davis   0.4 mm
4"        0.4 mm
Torrent 0.3 mm

June 18
Davis   13.2 mm
4"        12.4 mm
Torrent 13.3 mm

June 19
Davis    0.2 mm
4"         0.2 mm
Torrent  0.2 mm

Total
Davis   27.6 mm / 1.09 in.
4"        26.2 mm / 1.03 in.
Torrent 27.0 mm / 1.06 in. 

Overall I am pleased with the results, I did not think it would be as close as it was.  It'll be interesting when we get some even heavier rainfalls. 

One thing I like about the torrent rain gauge is that it measures in increments of 0.1 mm as opposed to the other two which are 0.2 mm.  The inch version of the torrent actually measures every thousandth of an inch!!

I would view these differences as statistically the same! Good job.

Offline JCA433

• Contributor
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2016, 12:23:55 PM »
I mounted the the CoCoRaHS Monday and finally can compare it to the VP2 tipping bucked rain gauge. Yesterday, the CoCoRaHS measured 0.70 inches rain and the VP2 0.63 inches.  The rain was intermittent and light to moderate with very little wind. However the VP2 was not perfectly level during this test.  It is  level now though and so the next test will be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:31:34 PM by JCA433 »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »
I replaced my tipping mechanism in my new VP2 ISS this week and early returns from the first rainfall are good. Mr. CoCo had .52, my VP2 had .50 and my Rainwise had .51. Statistically the same in my view! It appears my new ISS may have been a lemon or poorly calibrated leaving the Davis factory. Need several more rains to conclude whether I can rely on my preferred choice, the VP2. :grin:

If these results stay consistent, will send original tipper back to Davis for replacement or recalibration, and then it will become my backup. Purchased both from Scaled Instruments. Working with Ryan there is great.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:12:38 PM by WheatonRon »

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
I replaced my tipping mechanism in my new VP2 ISS this week and early returns from the first rainfall are good. Mr. CoCo had .52, my VP2 had .50 and my Rainwise had .51. Statistically the same in my view! It appears my new ISS my have been a lemon or poorly calibrated leaving the Davis factory. Need several more rains to conclude whether I can rely on my preferred choice, the VP2. :grin:

If these results stay consistent, will send original tipper back to Davis for replacement or recalibration, and then it will become my backup. Purchased both from Scaled Instruments. Working with Ryan there is great.
Very nice! I'm still waiting.....rain's just east of here. Gotta see how my personally calibrated RW stacks up to my new Coco!

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »
I have a manual gauge and two tipping gauges, the Netatmo and the Davis Pro2. The Davis is definitely under-reading, after careful scrutiny and logging results. All three gauges are at the same height and within 2' of each other, the Netatmo always reads the exact same as the manual gauge. The Davis, however, is working out to be under by 1.5mm for every 10mm of rain I record. I'm not going to go down the route of pouring water in and turning the screws to calibrate it, but I was wondering if anyone had a rough estimate of how much I should turn each screw to get it closer? If not, i'll just trial and error it..

Cheers.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:09 PM »
I have a manual gauge and two tipping gauges, the Netatmo and the Davis Pro2. The Davis is definitely under-reading, after careful scrutiny and logging results. All three gauges are at the same height and within 2' of each other, the Netatmo always reads the exact same as the manual gauge. The Davis, however, is working out to be under by 1.5mm for every 10mm of rain I record. I'm not going to go down the route of pouring water in and turning the screws to calibrate it, but I was wondering if anyone had a rough estimate of how much I should turn each screw to get it closer? If not, i'll just trial and error it..

Cheers.

I believe it is 6% correction for each turn. Let me look through my emails from Davis support on this to verify.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »

Cheers.

I believe it is 6% correction for each turn. Let me look through my emails from Davis support on this to verify.

Cheers Ron - Muchly appreciated. :)

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
I started this thread several weeks ago hoping my new VP2 ISS would more closely reflect the rainfall in my Mr. CoCo gauge. Since that time, very little rain fell here and very few additional posts were made to this thread. Last night we had a very gentle rain before midnight. I reported .23 in Mr. CoCo and .14 in the VP2. Early this morning we had a torrent of rain in a short period. Mr. CoCo reported .70 and the VP2 reported .45 during that time frame. Clearly, in heavy downpours, the tipper technology under reports rain. But I am surprised that during very light rain there was a fairly significant difference too. Mr. CoCo and the VP2 were near each other, level, and at the same height. Davis support provided me the technique to calibrate the gauge--determine error factor over three storms, average them, then turn the two screws at either end of the two buckets one full counterclockwise turn for each 6% error factor for under reporting rain.

Cheers.

Cheers Ron - Muchly appreciated. :)

See prior post I made in this thread copied above on how to calibrate the VP2 rain tool. As noted in my post discussing the error from April, I was getting rain under reporting errors from my VP2 and on separate occasions, large over reporting errors from my VP2 so I really didn't know how to calibrate the ISS! So I decided to replace the tipping mechanism in my new ISS that I purchased in February 2016.  I concluded I had a Davis lemon! I did not want to send the ISS to Davis for warranty evaluation thus requiring my PWS to be offline several weeks. So far so good with the new tipper I got this month (June 2016). I am cautiously optimistic the new tipper will fix this bizarre rain reporting issue and Davis will replace the one I removed from my new ISS. It will become a spare for future "tweaks" backups or whatever. What is rather ironic about this situation is the reason I bought a new ISS in the first place! My 11 year old VP2 ISS was showing its age and was not properly reporting rainfall correctly (10+ years of accurate rain reporting, however) so I decided to get a new one! Oh well, the daytime fan in that old ISS still works showing Davis can make parts that last, if we can just get rain properly measured again! And yes, the new SHT 31 temperature-humidity sensor is outstanding! In addition, my 11 year old VP2 consoles (yes, having two consoles in the house is most useful-one dedicated to a computer for uploading to CWOP and WU; the other console where the family can easily view what the weather is doing outside) continue to work great which is probably why Davis is not interested in a VP3--the VP2 product keeps humming along with little competition to force the issue!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:17:36 PM by WheatonRon »

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
Got my first shot at seeing how my cali went with the RW compared to the Coco. At bed time both were at 0.23 :-), but woke to .24 with the RW and still .23 for the Coco. Apparently a brief shower came through earlier and tipped what was left over the RW but didn't show in the Coco. Considering I did this cali with a milk carton, I'm pleased, but obviously still more to see. Heaviest rate was 1.5" per hour.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »
Got my first shot at seeing how my cali went with the RW compared to the Coco. At bed time both were at 0.23 :-), but woke to .24 with the RW and still .23 for the Coco. Apparently a brief shower came through earlier and tipped what was left over the RW but didn't show in the Coco. Considering I did this cali with a milk carton, I'm pleased, but obviously still more to see. Heaviest rate was 1.5" per hour.

Pretty good so far. There is no such thing as the perfit tipping bucket calibration as I'm sure you know without correction software.
If the rain rate falls at 7" per hour and you had the tipping buckets humming dead on at 3" per hour it will come up short. I'm happy with 0-4% error.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
BTW I'm calibrated on my Texas Electronics at 6" per hour rate this is what Novalynx sends tipping buckets out from factory calibrated at.

With the Novalynx calibrator I use the 1/16" ORIFICE and get exactly 115 tips with 946ml weighed water on the 8" diameter tipping bucket. Some companies make 200mm tipping buckets and the 8" is 203mm.

Seems to work best for my area mainly because many thunderstorms are getting into the 7-8" per/hr rate and I'm still sometimes short.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:14:14 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »

Pretty good so far. There is no such thing as the perfit tipping bucket calibration as I'm sure you know without correction software.
If the rain rate falls at 7" per hour and you had the tipping buckets humming dead on at 3" per hour it will come up short. I'm happy with 0-4% error.
I settled with the flow starting at about 4" per hour, then as the carton emptied, the rate was about 1" per hour at the end. It rained somewhat hard yesterday but I'll be waiting on a good toad choker to really see how they compare. BTW, when that comes, I'll have the top of the Coco off. I may of had a tiny splash-out yesterday, but doubt it.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »
I'll have the top of the Coco off. I may of had a tiny splash-out yesterday, but doubt it.

Great idea, I believe it happens but with 1.5" rate you were probably ok.
Randy

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
I'll have the top of the Coco off. I may of had a tiny splash-out yesterday, but doubt it.

Great idea, I believe it happens but with 1.5" rate you were probably ok.
Concur.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2016, 06:43:23 PM »
but I'll be waiting on a good toad choker to really see how they compare. BTW, when that comes, I'll have the top of the Coco off. I may of had a tiny splash-out yesterday, but doubt it.

What a great saying--a toad choker! Never in my 65+ years have I heard that expression!

Online CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2016, 06:48:18 PM »
but I'll be waiting on a good toad choker to really see how they compare. BTW, when that comes, I'll have the top of the Coco off. I may of had a tiny splash-out yesterday, but doubt it.

What a great saying--a toad choker! Never in my 65+ years have I heard that expression!
Ha! Been using that one for years here. ;)