Author Topic: Splicing Cables on Ambient Weather WS1081 IE WH1081 Fineoffset  (Read 636 times)

Offline StormCapture

Splicing Cables on Ambient Weather WS1081 IE WH1081 Fineoffset
« on: October 04, 2016, 11:18:30 PM »
I am wondering who has actually done this or similar with successful results.

I am looking to splice my WH1081 Anemometer/Wind Vane cable to a 20m line I got for it so I can house the Thermo/Hydro Sensor in my Stevenson screen, I used the RJ11 couplers which did alright until water got into the housing to protect it which caused the direction to drop out completely and only speed was being recorded. Has anyone done this on a Fine Offset? I know with Davis Instruments with the Scotch locks provide that you thread the wires in two sides and use a pair of Pliers to snap it into place, I know you can do this as I had to recently do this same technique to my Anemometer as a pesky rat thought it would be a great idea to chew in 2 parts of my anemometer cable. I have ordered RJ11 couplers for it but they don't even work as they just cause massive spikes in temperature as these were only pure strands, the one I originally used had wires itself attach to each rod.

EDIT: After trying this with an old unit, it does not work, it reads 0.0 and no direction.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:55:39 AM by StormCapture »

anything