New real time WDL based on HTML5/Javascript available

(1/2) > >>

waiukuweather:
ie not Flash based
easy to setup
see the WD download page

DaleReid:
Extremely cool!
I got it up on my web server in just a few minutes.  For some reason with all the updating of WD that I've done since the inception of WDL in the past, and with the API from WD feeding Meteotemplate, I've lost the upload of clinetraw.txt to the server, but when I get near the computer running WD, I'll see if I can find the right check box to enable that again.

It seem that what appears is what you get, unlike the original WDL which was infinately configurable.  But this is so much like the WDL that it is always worth having yet another display software available. 

Hats off to the programming effort to bring this golden oldie back on line.

Dale

DaleReid:
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I'm not setting things up right.
On the main screen, there are the three rainfall 'thermometers' for Today, Monthly, and Annual.  I've configured for inches, and the Daily has correct fiducial marks and readings, but the Monthly and Annual tick marks are in mm, even though when you click on the display boxes below and cycle through the conversions, the number under the 'thermometer' is correct.

I note when I click on and scale things like barometer, wind speed, etc, those all have the tick marks and inscriptions corresponding to the selected units change correctly, too.

Anyone else got this up and running to test and share?
Dale

http://ecwx.info/wdl/FreshWDLmaster.html

NOTE, running with a way out of date clientraw.txt file, so the data are screwy.

DaleReid:
As I looked at the .html code that is uploaded, it appears that the guts of this are actually located on another server somewhere.

I would assume that if they go away, that this will stop working again.

Has anyone heard if they intend to post it somewhere permanent in case of bad luck and their web site vanishes, that it will chug along?  Or will the have Brian license it to us to use, loading the code onto our server as WDL did in the past?  Just curious.

waiukuweather:
the author, Yerren,is still developing it
Its hosted on github
see the readme
its open sourced

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version