Author Topic: SmartHUB reset/erase procedure (for WU updates)  (Read 513 times)

Offline jonese

SmartHUB reset/erase procedure (for WU updates)
« on: June 09, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »
So, SmartHUB is no longer supported.

I long ago remaped DNS for hubapi.myacurite.com to a local server so that I could digest the data locally.  In the past, I also enabled sharing of data for Weather Underground via myacurite.com's website.  Life was good and things just worked, I had data in my database and Weather Underground had data as well for web viewing.

Now, I want to stop the SmartHUB from directly reporting to Weather Underground.  But I can't see to find a way to stop this.  The myacurite.com site still works, but there is no data as they have broken DNS by putting 127.0.01 for hubapi.myacurite.com lookup, so that means my SmartHUB can no longer receive commands/credentials for WU sharing.

I tried holding the setup button on the bottom for 20+ seconds, I tried holding the button during powercycle, but I still see traffic going to rtupdate.wunderground.com with my credentials.

How can I default/reset my SmartHUB ?  I just want it to be a 433 MHz wireless bridge and intercept http going to hubapi.myacurite.com .

As a workaround, I can put in a firewall to block from the smart hub access out, but I'd rather not have to do this.

edit/update: I also just tried forcing the old IP addresses from 3 months ago for hubapi.myacurite.com, just in case they had left their backend infrastructure in place, but no go, they all error out or return 404.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 12:05:10 PM by jonese »

Offline jonese

Re: SmartHUB reset/erase procedure (for WU updates)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
A workaround, not elegant for most individuals unfortunately.

As some have discovered the protocol and the parameters from AcuRite SmartHUB for Weather Underground loading, if you just send a empty ID1 and PASSWORD1 values, the SmartHUB stops trying to reach Weather Underground's servers.

{"localtime":"15:03:58","checkversion":"224","ID1":"","PASSWORD1":"","sensor1":""}

anything