Author Topic: Hikvision IP Camera  (Read 298271 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Hikvision IP Camera
« Reply #1175 on: January 31, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
Randy, that many cameras from different folks is amazing that they run.  Must be they got some good high school or college hackers to spirit the software onto their builds!

I'm finding this as addictive and exciting as when I first stumbled across this group's interest and hope for nicer weather shortly to get another camera up and in the meantime try to figure out why I have the glitches that seem to prevent me from streaming, image grabbing, and timelapsing, all things that you guys do while yawning.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #1176 on: January 31, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
Here's an overnight video too. Again, no auxiliary lighting. Watch for the rabbits eyeballs also

https://youtu.be/fcNZlItt-Uc
Tony

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #1177 on: January 31, 2016, 11:04:55 PM »
Nice cloud deck tonight.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1178 on: January 31, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »
10 minutes after I sent this snow started falling harder.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline plex

• Contributor
« Reply #1179 on: February 01, 2016, 03:44:31 AM »
I'm also a fan of Hikvision - high performance with a decent price tag.

Timelapse from my Hikvision:
http://www.vejrstationen.dk/weather28/index.php?p=304&lang=en#data-area

Not the best weather for demo - awful weather :???:

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1180 on: February 02, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
Sunset tonight.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #1181 on: February 02, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »
Gorgeous, Ryan!!!!
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1182 on: February 04, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »
Gorgeous, Ryan!!!!

Thanks.

News channel here in Colorado Springs contacted me wanting to use my cam on the news. I said yes as long as you give credit back with a link to my site.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #1183 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »
Awesome pic Ryan!!

Take a look at my sunset today.

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1184 on: February 04, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »
Awesome pic Ryan!!

Take a look at my sunset today.

Joe

Nice.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #1185 on: February 04, 2016, 09:30:23 PM »
Guys,
Just a heads up, Netview will be phasing out the 3MP 2032i and will be moving to the 4MP. This change over will start in early March. I consider this an upgrade for those who want to maximize on image quality. The F series will still be available.

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1186 on: February 05, 2016, 01:37:26 AM »
Guys,
Just a heads up, Netview will be phasing out the 3MP 2032i and will be moving to the 4MP. This change over will start in early March. I consider this an upgrade for those who want to maximize on image quality. The F series will still be available.

I bet you are getting one huh Chris?

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline capeweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.capeweather.com
« Reply #1187 on: February 05, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
I probably will Ryan. The reason I know is one of my Hiks failed about a week ago and have been in contact with Ryan at Netview for a replacement. The only camera that they had was the F series, which is ok. I asked about the I series and his response was that they are phasing them out for the new 4MP line. By the way, for those concerned about warranty, Netview honors the 2 year warranty replacement. I bought the camera back in July/15 and Ryan had no problem replacing it. You need to supply your Amazon order, the serial number on the sticker, and provide a picture of the sticker before returning it. Very simple and painless process. Another reason to like Hikvision and Netview.

Guys,

Chris
Cape Coral, Florida

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #1188 on: February 05, 2016, 09:29:54 AM »
I probably will Ryan. The reason I know is one of my Hiks failed about a week ago and have been in contact with Ryan at Netview for a replacement. The only camera that they had was the F series, which is ok. I asked about the I series and his response was that they are phasing them out for the new 4MP line. By the way, for those concerned about warranty, Netview honors the 2 year warranty replacement. I bought the camera back in July/15 and Ryan had no problem replacing it. You need to supply your Amazon order, the serial number on the sticker, and provide a picture of the sticker before returning it. Very simple and painless process. Another reason to like Hikvision and Netview.

Guys,

Great info!!!  Netview is great.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Phooey.. Zonked
« Reply #1189 on: February 06, 2016, 07:42:35 AM »

Naturally, it would be the SouthWest WeatherCam upinna air on the ISS mast...  ](*,)

http://frankfortweather.us/cams/cam_h1.html

Looks like I get to do Spring ISS maintenence a few months early this year... .  :roll:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:46:02 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
Painting and a couple observations
« Reply #1190 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:24 AM »
Hi, I ordered a camera, the F version, from NetView.
Arrived quick, printed box, and I cannot find a CH in the serial number or such, so I'm hoping this is the real deal.  A wee bit different construction compared to my old one, besides the evident SD card slot on the bottom.

None the less, it appear solid and equal to the older one.

Super simple install, as usual, once I got it plugged in to a working ethernet port. 

Quesition:  This one is going to watch over the driveway and yard, so I can see if the dogs are barking at invaders, the UPS or FedEx guy or a squirrel, and for the twice a year visits from the bear that likes bird seed.

To make this glaring white object snuggled up under the eves of the house with their dark cedar stain, less visible and to please the wife a bit, I was thinking of using masking tape to protect the working parts, and then a small spray can of the same color as the house is, and spraying it lightly.  I don't anticipate this would have any ill effects, and while no longer reflective white, it won't be in direct sunlight to absorb heat and get too warm in the summer.

Has anyone touched up their camera?  Were there any unforeseen consequences?

I'm sort of addicted to this gizmo now and while I'm  a real piker compared to you guys, intend to devote a little PC to running and recording it as soon as I can clear some bench space.  I still have to master posting snapshots to my wx page, and timelapse and all the fun stuff you are doing.

Right now I'm just opening two different tabs in my FireFox browser with each camera running it's own image.

Is there multi-camera software that is slicker and offers more options than doing it this way?

Ok, back to work, so thanks for any thoughts or comments.  I'm blaming you guys for this new obsession, and if Ryan says there is a new version coming up, I'll have to see where else I can aim one of these gizmos.

Oh, final question, is everyone running the wide angle lens?

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #1191 on: February 06, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »
All four of my cams are the 4mm version, but I wish I had got the 6 or 8mm for my driveway cam.  The 4mm is great for a weather cam, but my drive is long enough that you lose detail for capturing animals.

I still may spring for a new cam in the 6 to 8mm range.

Attached are a couple animal shots.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1192 on: February 06, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
Thanks for the snapshots.  I hope to get stuff some day like that.

You have either a very tall house or a tower with some sort of waterproof enclosure.

That's a great spot to see around.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1193 on: February 06, 2016, 12:12:59 PM »
Nice, a red fox and some muleys.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1194 on: February 06, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
Dale I've never painted any, but off hand can't think of anything other than what you mentioned absorbing more heat it would do. I have 4 through 12 mm focal lenses and for wider angle the 4 is a must and would recommend. If you have an area you want more detail like mailbox, deer feeder etc. you can go with one of the other lenses also. I've found all to be crisp and clear. 
Randy

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #1195 on: February 06, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »
Thanks for the snapshots.  I hope to get stuff some day like that.

You have either a very tall house or a tower with some sort of waterproof enclosure.

That's a great spot to see around.

Dale

Dale, the house is kind of tall.  Not a lot of fun getting up to shovel the roof. :shock:  Attached is a picture (such as it is looking into the sun) showing three of my four cams.  They are all mounted under the two foot overhang.

I use WebCam7 Pro for my cams.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #1196 on: February 06, 2016, 11:02:22 PM »
What a beautiful place you live in.

Thanks for the pix.  AT my age I'd never be able to install and aim all those cameras in all those places.

Thanks for the tip on WebCam 7, I'll go check it out.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
Re: Hikvision IP Camera Automatic Log-On
« Reply #1197 on: February 14, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »
Well, it's been long, but I've had some help (I'm not enjoying the same health as I did previously in life, let's leave it at that) but now have my second Hik installed, along with an intruder joining the ranks, at least experimentally.

I was at a State surplus auction and got an Axis 214 PTZ camera, which isn't as high of resolution, but is steerable and has an 18x optical zoom.  The designers have incorporated a web-page access similar to Hik (a welcome method of accessing these devices, I must say) and have been having fun steering it around and zooming in on things, but don't know how or where to mount it, maybe on my tower this summer?).

One thing I noticed on the Axis setup is the ability to have a non-log in access to the camera's output.

Since I'm not currently on the internet with camera access, or even a one way feed, I'm thinking this would be great to have on the Hiks, since all I'd need to do is set a bookmark with the camera's IP address and voila, the screen would appear.  But no, even within my setting I have to type in the name and password.

I think I have looked at the Hik menus in all the nooks and crannies to see if there is such a tweak I can make, but haven't found any. 

Does this ring a bell to other users?  Is there a way to do this, or am I just screwed with having to log in every time I access the camera directly?  I assume that some of the products for monitoring cameras such as WebCam etc would have a method to log in and keep logged in.  I can't imagine some store trying to follow a suspect no-gooder through the store having to log in at every camera.

Thanks for comments, guys.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1198 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:09 AM »
Hikvison GUI requires a login every time from what I can tell. 3rd party software's like Blue Iris stay logged on but you are not logged into the camera GUI itself but grabbing the camera stream which still requires a single log in first time. Opening and closing program brings camera back online without additional logins.

Blue Iris looks like this: attached pic with 6 Hikvision cameras, not for all computers its resource intensive.
Randy

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1199 on: February 14, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
Well, it's been long, but I've had some help (I'm not enjoying the same health as I did previously in life, let's leave it at that)
Wishing you all the best and Happy Valentine, You TOO Randy....

Paul