Author Topic: Anyone successfully interfaced an RM Young 26700 Translator output to WD?  (Read 1530 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
I'm just staring to play with an RM Young 26700 translator I bought, and since it has a serial output, wonder if anyone has had luck mating it with the WD software to display as much of the info from the instruments as I can?

I didn't find anything with a search, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't attached a title for what I'm hoping to do.

Any leads, guys?

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline EvilGenius

I am looking for same/similar information.

We have a Young wind sensor and some old interface/reporting system but no known translator.  I am led to believe there is a way to interface the Young to a Vantage Pro 2 console, and from there we could get the serial data to web report, etc.   

If the VP2 will take the Young connection directly somehow that would be fantastic, otherwise I don't look forward to the thought of either spending a ba-zillion dollars on what is essentially an A-D converter, or building an A-D from scratch and defining a bunch of program code and calibration steps.

We can't use the usual plastic anemometers as they get trashed in a year on a coastal hilltop slammed by dry summer heat and constant wind, or frigid winter marine layer and heavier winds.

anything