Author Topic: Dang, I can hear the wind blowing but don't have any station reporting speed  (Read 2316 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Something that happens with either no heaters to melt the snow, or wet heavy stuff that comes fast when there is no wind to keep the prop rotating.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
That is just not right!....  Isn't it supposed to be spring?  I guess Apriluary is just keepin' on keepin' on....  We have some really nasty weather coming our way this weekend too... but at least it's warm... We call it a "pineapple express"....  Nothing more than a bunch of warm, wet wind coming our way....

Thanks for sharing Dale,

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
Saw the trees moving but no wind showing on weather station.  Looked out and discovered why.  Haven't done my CoCo reading yet, but this looks to be the largest 24-hr snowfall of the winter and it is May 3rd.  Not complaining, we need the snow pack.

Mark

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Don't know about you, but I am SO ready for summer...  I feel for ya man!

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Mark, thank you for sharing what we very rarely see in our neck of the woods :-)

Randall

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Just noticed something the Vaisala sensor shield is painted off white more of a greenish cream vs reflective white.
Randy

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
The Vaisala  WXT 510/520 are white. Unfortunately they turn yellow after a period of time just like the old OS WMR-968 I had long ago. Kinda sad considering the cost of these units.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Bromine is added as a flame retardant and is what is turning yellow under the the exposure to UV rays...

Randall

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
Bromine is added as a flame retardant and is what is turning yellow under the the exposure to UV rays...

Randall

That makes a lot of sense. The majority of the used Vaisala's on Ebay come from ship salvage yards in India. These units are hard wired and draw some current for the rain sensor heater #-o

anything