Author Topic: Bloomsky, another script  (Read 25069 times)

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
Re: Bloomsky, another script
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2016, 03:38:59 PM »
Thank you Wim!!

In the process of switching my site over to what is being displayed and have not got everything worked out yet. Not very good with scripts, etc.

I will take the error reporting out temporarily and seek some assistance on the errors.

Joe

https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »
Wim,

Here's another thought for this script. You currently are showing up to four prior videos. Using the links that are created in the script, I played with the date of the mp4 files and found that Bloomsky apparently keeps some finite number of old videos that you can access. For mine, on this date, I was able to manually select and view videos all the way back to Feb 16, 2016 which is twelve days of videos. I'll check tomorrow but I suspect the number of files kept is limited to perhaps only the last 12 days of files. What would be nice is for the script to look at what videos are available and then create a listing that is displayed so the viewer could look at any of those still available.
That is a nice idea, but the overhead for checking if all those files exist, should be quit a task slowing the start-up.

Another possibility: we add a "Bloomsky member since" setting, show 5 buttons + plus a dropdown with all dates until start membership.
If they not keep all videos we maybe find a max number of videos they keep and can use that to restrict the size of the dropdown.

HELP WANTED:  But someone with an active Bloomsky device should first find out if one can go back to the first day ( +1 as it is yesterdays movie) of membership.

Wim

P.S. I hope Bloomsky starts shipping to Europe again soon.

Wim,

Not sure if you have had any time to work on building a dropdown list of available Bloomsky videos. Just thought I would ask. You did ask if we could go back to the beginning of our membership with Bloomsky and view those videos. My first video started on Feb 16, 2016. I can view it and all following videos just fine. I have no idea how far back Bloomsky is going to keep those videos but so far, it has been all of them for me. Others who have been on-line longer may have that answer to your question.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »

Not sure if you have had any time to work on building a dropdown list of available Bloomsky videos. Just thought I would ask. You did ask if we could go back to the beginning of our membership with Bloomsky and view those videos. My first video started on Feb 16, 2016. I can view it and all following videos just fine. I have no idea how far back Bloomsky is going to keep those videos but so far, it has been all of them for me. Others who have been on-line longer may have that answer to your question.
The dropdown is relative easy, but I waited a short time to see if new errors crop up.
Will put on the ToDo-list for next-week, as a change in WU URL's is killing a few important scripts.
Has to test solutions for that first.

Wim

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »

The dropdown is relative easy, but I waited a short time to see if new errors crop up.
Will put on the ToDo-list for next-week, as a change in WU URL's is killing a few important scripts.
Has to test solutions for that first.

Wim

Thanks - no hurry.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »
Just found this on the Bloomsky Q&A section of their website.
It looks like the limit of archived videos will be around 4 months. But, we can still manually download the videos to our local hard drives for permanent archiving.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2016, 12:39:49 PM »
WIM, is it possible to remark out the following fields so they don't show up on screen?

I'd like to remove:
Is it nightime:
Is it raining:
Pressure: 

I'd like to remove pressure at least until they can correct the barometer error issue.  It's way off my Davis station and other nearby stations.  The other two I don't think are needed.

Thanks.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Bob3rd

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
Just another script.

Can be used in any website/template.
Outputs one < div > with CSS included which will try to fit in the area you give it (100%).
Making the screen wider enlarges the images until 640*640px.
To use the 5 movies it needs html5 but that is fairly common.

This is the FIRST version so  I need all YOUR comments to improve the script.
As most users are in the US, I used English as default and translated to Dutch (nl). I will translate the other languages shortly.

To test/use the script:
1. go to your Bloomsky dashboard at http://dashboard.bloomsky.com and obtain your API key by clicking at the bottom/left on "Developers"
2. Copy that strange sequence of characters and paste in in the script in the first setting (= line 5).

Run the script in your browser. Should look like the attached first picture for the component (to integrate in a page)
The second picture is for the vertical version

Wim

EDIT 2016-MAR-01 17:00 UTC: Minor documentation updates, minor script updates. no need to reinstall
EDIT 2016-FEB-29  17:00 UTC:  Download is now complete with both scripts and versions or Saratoga/Leuven/others
Hi Wim.  I tried running your vertical script on my website at http://bbbrown.com/Bloomsky/ws_bloomsky_v.php with my API.  For some reason it returns errors.
Code: [Select]
Data retrieved: ()
Errors occured:
Error occured: error number (35) error message =(Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to api.bloomsky.com:443 )
Unknown (non-json) data =() first 40 charecters of returned data only

Here's my code containing my API:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------
# settings:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------
$bl_api_key     = 'api key here';   // obtained from your bloomsky dashboard => click "Developers" at the left bottom
#
$bl_intl_units  = true;         // for non-us display of data

I apologize but I am having a heck of a time getting yours or Jachym's scripts to run on my server.  If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing my problems I would love to hear them.  Thanks for any feedback.

Bob
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:57:50 PM by ALITTLEweird1 »

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2016, 12:41:06 PM »

. . . shortened . . .

I apologize but I am having a heck of a time getting yours or Jachym's scripts to run on my server.  If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing my problems I would love to hear them.  Thanks for any feedback.

Bob
I attached a script to display the version of PHP, so we can check at least that.

Unzip and place where the other scripts are also.
Then run it with  http://bbbrown.com/Bloomsky/info2.php

What is interesting is the first line which display the PHP version.

Wim

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »

Bob

I had the same error when trying to run the scripts as well.  I never got Jachyms script working.  But on Wim's it's easy.

Look for this line "$bl_https"  and change it to "#$bl_https".  The hash mark remarks that out.

Then on the next line, take out them on "#$bl_http" and change it to "$bl_http".

Basically you're saying instead of using HTTPS to call the Google API, use regular HTTP.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Bob3rd

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2016, 06:46:02 AM »
Just for general info, my problem turned out to be the version of PHP running on my server.  When I changed it from 5.3 to 5.5 everything started working.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
Bloomsky, another script version 2017
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2017, 05:02:38 AM »
New version supporting the SKY2 and STORM

Although the API is still changing the new stations need new versions of the scripts.
New version 2017-04-10: leuven-template.eu/bloomsky_20170410.zip

Supporting Saratoga / Leuven / Stand-alone

Bloomsky does not sell their devices to Belgium, but besides it is far to expensive for me also.
Testing with the changed API was therefor done with one user only.

Wim

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: Bloomsky, another script version 2017
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »
New version supporting the SKY2 and STORM

Although the API is still changing the new stations need new versions of the scripts.
New version 2017-04-10: leuven-template.eu/bloomsky_20170410.zip

Supporting Saratoga / Leuven / Stand-alone

Bloomsky does not sell their devices to Belgium, but besides it is far to expensive for me also.
Testing with the changed API was therefor done with one user only.

Wim

Thank you Wim, working at Leuven and Saratoga

It's appreciated.
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline nelkebza

• PWS Bad Bergzabern
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »
It's working perfect  :grin:

Thanx

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
Looks good but 2 things how do i get rid of Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in /home/mkutche/public_html/ws_bloomsky.php on line 237 and how do i change my units?? http://gosportwx.com/wxbloomsky.php

Mike
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:42 AM »
Looks good but 2 things how do i get rid of Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in /home/mkutche/public_html/ws_bloomsky.php on line 237
The script assumes you have a Bloomsky camera, that it is installed and fully operational.
When it has at least 1 video to display, the error will be gone
and how do i change my units?? http://gosportwx.com/wxbloomsky.php
Mike
The downloaded folder contains the english readme.  One setting must be made, check the script for the "units" setting (around line 10 & 11)
$bl_intl_units  = true;         // for non-us display of data
#$bl_intl_units  = false;       // remove # when using imperial units
As you are using US (imperial)  units, remove the comment mark (the #) at the start of line 11.

All other settings should be copied fine from your Saratoga settings file.
Wim

Offline Bob3rd

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
I've started getting this when I go to my php script with my browser.  I'm not a coder.
Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in ws_bloomsky.php on line 190

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »
I've started getting this when I go to my php script with my browser.  I'm not a coder.
Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in ws_bloomsky.php on line 190

Can you please post the URL to the page with problems so I can take a look what script you are using?
The recent versions do not have a line 190 which could generate that error.

The most up-to-date version is a few post above https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28820.msg320542#msg320542

Wim

Offline Bob3rd

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
http://bbbrown.com/Bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php and thanks for the link to the latest version of the script.  I'll download and install it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:30:34 AM by Bob3rd »

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »
http://bbbrown.com/Bloomsky/ws_bloomsky.php and thanks for the link to the latest version of the script.  I'll download and install it.
These are the timezone lines in the first lines of the script when just downloaded:
$bl_timezone    = false;        // set outside the script
#$bl_timezone    = 'America/New_York';   // remove the comment mark to use your own time zone and set a valid timezone
If you are running the script stand-alone (not in other php script) you should set your own timezone by changing the second line
1. remove the comment mark, that is the # on the first position
2. If not in timezone New_York, find your correct PHP timezone here

Wim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:40:25 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Bob3rd

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2018, 11:44:48 AM »
Thanks very much.  That fixed the problem.  Much appreciated.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2020, 04:08:39 PM »
Hey wvdkuil, can you see if you can update the Bloomsky scripts to return HTTPS for the images and video?

I tried to open the AWS link that is returned in both HTTP and HTTPS.  It seems it'll support HTTPS.

Thanks.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2020, 05:00:44 AM »
Hey wvdkuil, can you see if you can update the Bloomsky scripts to return HTTPS for the images and video?

I tried to open the AWS link that is returned in both HTTP and HTTPS.  It seems it'll support HTTPS.

Thanks.

Hi 92merc,

As I do not have a Bloomsky station myself anymore,  carefully test this attached version.

Wim
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:24:14 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »
Uhhh, I think you forgot the attachment.   [tup]

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2020, 11:24:37 AM »
Uhhh, I think you forgot the attachment.   [tup]
I attached it now in the previous post,
Wim

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »
Beautiful!  Thanks to you, I'm now 100% SSL on my site.  Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

anything