Author Topic: WU on iOS not working  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
WU on iOS not working
« on: June 24, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
Anyone having an issue with WU on their iPhone? For a number of days now, I'm getting a "There was a problem connecting" error. And everything on the screen is blank; radar, forecast, warnings, ect. I had my wife try on her phone and same issue. We are both running the latest version of iOS.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline WxFox

• Northern Androscoggin Weather
  • Happiness is having my toes in the warm sand.
    • Northern Androscoggin County Weather
Re: WU on iOS not working
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:54:02 PM »
Mine is working. Storm was discontinued a while back but WU still works. I replaced Storm with Weather Mate.
Davis VP2 (cabled) Uploading to PWS, Weather Underground, Weathercloud, WOW, WeatherBug, AWEKAS and Twitter, using Cumulus.  Cabled = fewer problems, less maintenance and better reliability!

Northern Androscoggin Weather:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php
Mobile friendly: http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011//iCumulus/#_home
CWOP AV346

Offline SaginawMNWX

• Saginaw, MN Weather Station
    • Saginaw, MN Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
Mine doesn't work either, it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work.
Bill
Saginaw, MN
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | Meteobridge
https://saginawmnweather.net/index.php
WU: KMNSAGIN3 | CWOP: EW3146 | CoCoRaHS: MN-SL-82 | PWS Weather | Weathercloud | Ambient Weather | Facebook: SaginawMNWX | Twitter: @SaginawMNWX

Offline Mac005

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
Me too.  Started on the 24th.

Offline jonesjl99

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »
Me three.  It’s been 3 or 4 days now.  Happens on iPad and iPhone. 

Offline slfcvg

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:06 AM »
Stopped working a few days ago on my iPhone X as well (iOS 11.4). The app always indicates "There was a problem connecting". Interestingly, the The WU WEATHER widget still works on the iPhone X. I am certain there is a valid internet connection, no issues with any other app that depends on the internet, including the WU widget. My iPhone X is running Weather Underground app v5.11.6

On the same network, my five year old iPad running iOS 10.3.3 still works fine (it is to old to run iOS 11). The old iPad is running Weather Underground app v5.11.6 as well.

So it seems the issue is with iOS 11.4?

Did not realize how much I use this app every day until it stopped working, frustrating to say the least.
Weather Underground app for iOS
iPhone X11.6

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
Still not working on my end. It's a handy app; great way to see things at a quick glance. The Weather Channel app requires a lot of scrolling and tapping. Hope this gets sorted out soon.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »
Still not working on my end. It's a handy app; great way to see things at a quick glance. The Weather Channel app requires a lot of scrolling and tapping. Hope this gets sorted out soon.
Working on my iPhone 6 running latest ios. 

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 08:32:49 AM »
Back in business. I had to delete the app and reinstall. I wish the app saved your settings and locations. Despite signing in, I had to add everything manually.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline slfcvg

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 11:47:52 AM »
Mine doesn't work either, it does the same thing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that didn't work.
Back in business. I had to delete the app and reinstall. I wish the app saved your settings and locations. Despite signing in, I had to add everything manually.

Hmm, I wonder if hardware version and/or OS version would explain the different results?
I dread losing all saved locations / favorites, but if I am sure delete / re-install will get the app back up and running, I will do it.
On the other hand, losing all that information and still not getting back up would be a possibility that keeps me from trying.
iPhone X11.6

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 04:26:01 PM »
That is strange. I would think the uninstall/reinstall method would work across the board.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline SaginawMNWX

• Saginaw, MN Weather Station
    • Saginaw, MN Weather
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »
Well I started messing around with the settings and notice when I switch the forecast source from NWS (the one I had) to Forecast on Demand the problem connecting message disappeared and it started working again. So maybe it could be something with that?
Bill
Saginaw, MN
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | Meteobridge
https://saginawmnweather.net/index.php
WU: KMNSAGIN3 | CWOP: EW3146 | CoCoRaHS: MN-SL-82 | PWS Weather | Weathercloud | Ambient Weather | Facebook: SaginawMNWX | Twitter: @SaginawMNWX

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 01:16:14 AM »
Well I started messing around with the settings and notice when I switch the forecast source from NWS (the one I had) to Forecast on Demand the problem connecting message disappeared and it started working again. So maybe it could be something with that?
Yes I read about that solution in the app reviews and it worked for me also.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 07:54:00 AM »
Very interesting! Thanks for posting that information. I had the forecast set to NWS prior to deleting and reinstalling.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline slfcvg

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »

Thanks for relaying that fix. Corrected mine as well!
iPhone X11.6

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 07:50:53 AM »
I tried to use the NWS forecast as the source in the app. Still getting the "There was a problem connecting" error. Have they stopped using NWS as a forecast source?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

anything