Author Topic: Intellicast  (Read 1058 times)

Offline sciencemagic

Intellicast
« on: January 20, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
    After having a lot of trouble with the weatherunderground web site, I was recommended to  use a very good weather site that mimics and uses weathrundeground data and format. It was great, frankly.
   But now Intellicast, while apparently still a active web site, is no longer displaying the weatherunderground data format and no longer showing any weather forecast data that I can see. Not sure if this is a permanent action, but if it is, does anyone have any suggestions to another weather web site that like Intellicast, that has weatherunderground like format, but doesn't have the web site troubles and long wait times loading pages like weatherundergound does? 
    Too bad about Intellicast changing their web site format. Can any one help or have suggestions? Thank you     

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Intellicast
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »
I'm pretty disappointed too. I've turned to using the weather.gov site more and more even though it's not all that friendly to use. I also use my local TV stations Android app which is easier on the eye and pretty fast but still owned by IBM.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
I've been using this service the free version. They have pretty much everything but NWS forecast but you have several options of which model to use, even the euro is included. Tons of stuff to look at.

Here is my local forecast
https://weather.us/forecast/5700344-valentine/xltrend
Randy

Offline sciencemagic

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »
Thank you for your replies Jackman and ValentineWeather. I will try your suggestions and see what I think. Weatherunderground has such q great 5-10 day forecast charts. They show temp, humidity, cloud clover, etc, in such a graphic way, and in % forms that make seeing the weather forecast very intuitive. Their graphs make seeing the upcoming weather very easy to understand and very little ambiguity. At least in so far as weather prediction is. Maybe there are other weather sites that mimic weatherundergrounds great format? Thanks again for the replies.

anything