Author Topic: Weatherlink.com archive data slow  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Bernie1006

Weatherlink.com archive data slow
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
Hello all,
First post here and new user of Davis equipment. I have a 6153 with a WeatherlinkIp to report data, All worked well for the first 2 days then Saturday morning i started noticing gaps in my chart data on weatherlink.com. All of the loop data seems to update fine but the archive data to create the charts is extremely slow and gappy, the locally installed software on my laptop has no issues with loop or archived data. I called the Davis support  line and they are a little confused why this is happening, the software is set to archive at a 15 minute interval locally. If anyone would like to take a look at the data in my charts here is a link to my station rather than screenshots  https://www.weatherlink.com/chart/plot/757c7a11-cc8c-4a0b-828d-e4d5ab9c7736#. I you scroll back the days to to the 25th (first installed) and move forward by day everything was great until Saturday morning.

I turned off my anti-virus and firewall  and no change, i am kinda at a loss here.... also tried all troubleshooting in the manual
One other thing I noticed is the forecast on weatherlink.com can be really crazy like temperatures -39C and i did verify my time, date and Lat/Long settings

Any suggestions or additional info would be great...

Bernie

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weatherlink.com archive data slow
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »
Hi Bernie, and welcome to the forum.
I've found you in Glace Bay, NS and can see your Bulletin.  Unfortunately the Charts and Forecasts are not available without password authorization.  On the bulletin the pressure graph is not yet shown saying it needs more data.
Forecast for my station seems to be reasonable. but haven't often checked it.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:44:04 AM »
Okay I thought you might be able to see the graphs

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:45:17 AM »
Sometimes the Barometer info will show for a short time as it gets a burst of data. Then goes back to waiting on data

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »
Here is a ss of chart

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 10:07:28 AM »
I don't know much about these things but if your local WL data files show good and regular logging data then it would appear to be a connection and upload issue, or a weatherlink.com issue.  Not sure how to check that unless you have other uploads, i.e. Weather Underground, and see if there are any issues with that.

I have the WiFiLogger instead of WeatherlinkIP and have seen some missed uploads to other sites (all at 5 min interval) but have not noticed it on weatherlink.com as mine is the free version and doesn't include the charts or historical data.  My missed uploads is definitely caused by my router/internet connection issue. 

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »
I upload to Wunderground and Cwop through .com and there are now issues, data flows fine to them but for what ever reason it won't plot the archive data properly...
Thanks for you input though.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
What is your WU station ID?
I found only this in Glace Bay https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=INOVASCO71&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history/tdata/s20181030/e20181030/mdaily ?
which may not be yours.  It shows some much longer intervals so may be missed uploads as well.
and CWOP EW1804 shows the same longer intervals.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:12 AM »
Thats me

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
I've been uploading to Cwop and Wunderground for years using Acurite with Vis Reader and never had any connection issues only when there was a hardware problem like lost signal. The problem i'm having is why the local software is not seeing this and Davis confirmed they are receiving live loop data but archive data is not coming through regularly. So to help with diagnostics my question becomes it the logger using the same path to .com for loop and archive?

Thanks

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
Sounds like an odd one.  What happens if you do a web download from wl.com into a local station (suggest you set up a new one for test purposes). Are the same gaps there?

No chance you were too gentle when installing the logger into the console - it's definitely pressed fully home on its pins? (But check with the console power off to be on the safe side.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:36:53 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »
johnd thanks for the reply... a little update here from Davis via an email, they have confirmed that the missing data is not getting to them, yesterday when I called them it looked like all of the data was getting there. Now this becomes a different issue imo, why is the data not getting there when it was for the first few days?  #-o. I was going to try a web download like you are suggesting but changed my mind after I found I couldn't view the loop data live in WL software but I might change it when I go home for a spell just to see what it does... Thanks for the help

Bernie

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 03:23:29 PM »
Just to reiterate;

Your WU data has frequent large gaps. Before Oct 26 4:30 pm it was mainly 25 min (likely your old Acurite) and then...  https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=INOVASCO71&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history/s20181023/e20181030/mweek

Your CWOP data has mainly 5 min update but frequent 10 min, 15 and larger gaps  http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/rawwx.cgi?call=EW1804

Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
Okay so how often should these update?

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Have to say something has changed this morning (knock on wood) this is the most up to date and consistent data flow since days...

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 04:37:10 PM »
I don't know your settings or what is possible with WeatherlinkIP, but they should be uniform.  My WiFiLogger is set at 5 min and that is pretty well what it uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. and the best I can tell to weatherlink.com (I can't see the historical weatherlink.com data with the free version).  As yours were sometimes an hour between, to me that indicates some communication issue.  WU has been having some other issues so that is not the best test but you also seem to have a similar CWOP upload issue along with your initial weatherlink.com issue.

Are your uploads set at the same interval for WL, WU and CWOP?  Can you compare your weatherlink.com upload table to the WU table to see if the missed times are about the same for both?

Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »
One other thing I would like to throw in this mix, I have a dedicated computer set up in my office running WL.com and 3 different time today the screen had 3 different errors

Bad gateway
Web page took to long to respond
Internal server error

On next screen refresh things would be fine

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »
The only setting for time that I saw was the archiving data in the station set up which is every 15 minutes so is it safe to say that should be the same for WU and Cwop? I initially had this set for five minutes but thought it could have been sending to much data causing a backlog so I switched it to 15 minutes.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 05:01:26 PM »
I have just had a watch on your weatherlink.com dashboard and the Last update time changed every minute (over a 10 min period - 5:40 to 5:50). 

My WiFiLogger is set at 5 min and that is the update times shown on my dashboard (search for KomokaWeather).
Not familiar on how your 1 min updates relate to your graphs though.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 05:10:27 PM »
Not 100% sure what you are saying in your last post. All I know is what Davis told me yesterday that the loop data which generates all non graphing data on WL.com    ie: wind, temp, rain and so on update every 1 minute but the charts are generated from archived data..

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 05:14:57 PM »
How can you tell that the data was updating every minute on my dashboard? I just watched it for several and could't see anything change.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
You need to click on the X in upper right to show the update time.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

Not 100% sure what you are saying in your last post. All I know is what Davis told me yesterday that the loop data which generates all non graphing data on WL.com    ie: wind, temp, rain and so on update every 1 minute but the charts are generated from archived data..
I am speaking from my experience in uploading to various sites with my Cumulus and also the 3rd party WiFiLogger, which includes weatherlink.com and where I have observed some missed logging.  Most of that I can relate to issues with my service provider (Rogers) and the router hardware.  I do not run the Weatherlink v6.0.2 software full time so have little experience with that.  If my experiences are beneficial, great! but it is best that you follow and resolve your issue with Davis unless someone here has better suggestions.

Another suggestion, when you are having the missed-data issue see if you can watch your dashboard on the update times.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
So do you use web download in the WL software or are you getting that data with the local configuration in the station setup?

Offline Bernie1006

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »
Will do Paul thanks for all of your help