Author Topic: WeatherLink 2.0 - 2nd Temperature Showing but there is none  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
WeatherLink 2.0 - 2nd Temperature Showing but there is none
« on: August 05, 2018, 03:54:24 AM »
Anybody seen a 2nd Temperature showup under Extra Sensors after migrating an Envoy/Vue ISS to WL 2.0? There was no 2nd temp in V1 and there is no physical second temperature sensor but it does show a current value, different to the external or internal value but no Daily highs or lows 

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: WeatherLink 2.0 - 2nd Temperature Showing but there is none
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:38:44 AM »
No this is the basic version that was simply migrated from V1 to V2 via the V2 migrate option. Nothing has been changed or touched with the envoy or Vue ISS. Did not exist in V1 or any recorded data from either V1 or V2 uploads but does appear in the V2 bulletin.

How can you see what station it is via WL 2.0?

Have tried turning off, turning on, turning off again the extra temp box and update etc but that does nothing.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 03:49:45 AM »
How can you see what station it is via WL 2.0?

Device | Device Info | Station Model

If the issue persists then email support@weatherlink.com and quote DID  - may take a while to get an answer but someone should get back eventually.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:06:32 AM »
Firstly that query should have been "How can you see what station id is via WL 2.0?" which is how I read the following re Station # etc

"One thing to do as the transciever settings are not what is shown on WL2.0  that is  for me,  Station 4 is now Station 2 on WL2.0."

Anyway the other throw off was the summary bulletin calling things a "VP2 ISS" which technically is incorrect as it is a "Vue ISS" but in reality this is a bit of a grey line as it really doesn't have much of an issue. 

Maybe the WL 2.0 Device "Station Model" wording is a little obscure as the station model is generally referring to the ISS(?) that is a Vantage Pro 2 is a different "station model" (as per the drop down) to a Vantage Pro 2 Plus as the console is sort of irrelevant.

But yes changed the "Station Model" to a Vantage Pro 2 and extra temp disappeared so it was the Envoy/Vue ISS combination being called a Vue instead of Vantage Pro 2     

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 06:17:41 AM »
Three points:

1. Yeah, you're right the Davis terminology isn't ideal. It's obviously based around the idea that users buy a complete station rather than mix and match different (but perfectly compatible) components. If anything, I tend to think that the console type defines the station, since it's typically the console that formats data for sending to wl.com. So Envoy = VP2 in this context.

2. Davis have arrived at quite a complex platform in wl.com 2.0, at least in the sense of how many different combinations of station component and sensor types it has to deal with. eg there are 4 main types of 'sender', ie cell-based (EM and Connect) and logger-based (IP and WLv6) and these can be very different from one another, especially EM vs the rest and then Connect vs the two logger-based ones. As a result of the innumerable combinations and scenarios there still seem to be some wrinkles in the way 2.0 behaves with various edge cases that haven't been identified and sorted yet. So always worth an email to support@weatherlink.com to highlight any issues - if users don't tell them then they'll likely never know.

3. Specifically re VP2 transmitter IDs: I suspect this is only relevant to Connect systems. EM doesn't use these IDs and I'm not aware (BICBW - don't have a station still on 1.0 to check right now)  that IP loggers and WLv6 even upload the ID information to wl.com because AFAIK there's no back-channel from wl.com to the console to change transmitter settings remotely. But Connect is different - there is no obviously no console to configure locally and so a back-channel had to be built into the Connect comms to allow remote configuration and hence Connect does show IDs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:20:24 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 06:50:47 AM »
With regard point 1, I still have Envoy/Vue ISS combinations in V1, so I checked and the V1/V2 appears to expect quite different "station" meanings.

WL V1.0 Envoy/Vue ISS combination requires "Station Type" to be Vantage Vue but migrated to V2.0 then as experienced V2.0 imports the Vue Station Type tag word for word but appears should be called a Vantage Pro 2 which rids the extra sensor stuff in V2.0.

V1.0 gives this away with the following V1.0 "Station Type" hint  "NOTE: Select a Plus station type if you have a Solar or UV sensor" so Station type is referring to the ISS not the console. 

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 05:23:10 AM »
Spoke too soon! Extra sensor / 2nd Temperature is back, now appears by changing from a Vue to VP2 station (yes was Saved) got rid of the brumby sensor, close the browser and reopen (keep login ticked) and the brumby sensor is back, change the station from VP2 back to Vue, sensor is gone, close/reopen browser and the dam thing is back so looks like it's a bit buggy. 

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:03:53 AM »
Yes, certainly, there are some residual minor bugs in 2.0 for reasons discussed upthread. But do let Davis know about them - it's the only way they'll get fixed and no-one here can really help.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 04:37:47 AM »
Well after all this time one would expect erroneous issues with the "New" WeatherLink.com to have been fixed? Well just for the record they haven't which says to me either Davis don't give a rats or they can't fix the issue and it's not from trying to point out the error of their ways.

Why WeatherLink.com continue to show extra sensors when there are NO extra sensors is rather useless and frustrating   

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »
I am not seeing the extra sensors but then I have a different Davis ISS and console combination.  So for me all seems good in two separate weatherlink.com stations.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything