Author Topic: <Fixed> wflash.txt time formatting issue between 12:00 am and 9:59 am  (Read 1356 times)

Offline RainAlwaysRain

• WoodinvilleWX
<this is fixed now, edit in case anyone else finds this odd scenario>

After a web host and domain move, I notice at the wflash.txt and wflash2.txt time format is messed up between midnight at 9:59:59 am. If I set my local PC time to 10:00 am or later the time format in wflash looks fine upon the next update. This formatting issue breaks steelseries gauges updates and is also printed as the last update time on the dashboard.

If I setup VWS wflash to also create a local copy of wflash.txt, the date looks fine locally. Appears to not handle the time correctly until another digit is added when the clock hits 10:00 am.

Here is the first part of my wflash.txt on my website:

Code: [Select]
F=3569307706,%202:21:46,SE,131.000
And here is what it looks like in the local wflash.txt file.

Code: [Select]
I=DEMO&F=3569307790,
2:23:10,SE,131.000,0

My dashboard last update time looks like "2/8/13 %202:24:15"

If I set my PC clock to 10:00 am or later, all things normal again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:08:41 AM by RainAlwaysRain »

Offline RainAlwaysRain

• WoodinvilleWX
Re: <Fixed> wflash.txt time formatting issue between 12:00 am and 9:59 am
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:13:20 AM »
This problem was caused by somehow accidentally reverting to my old test domain in VWS Internet Wflash settings. The old domain/URL was set on the website to redirect to the new URL but both actually share the same directory path on the web server. For whatever reason, the impact of having the wrong domain/URL in the same domain directory structure is what caused the wflash time formatting issue mentioned above.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
Re: <Fixed> wflash.txt time formatting issue between 12:00 am and 9:59 am
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:18:55 PM »
I'm aware this is an older topic, but I have just started experiencing this same issue with I=DEMO missing from the beginning of my wflash.txt records and having "%20" precede the hour for the time between midnight and 10AM.

Based on the OP's issue, he mentioned it was perhaps domain related but didn't have an exact fix. I've migrated all my domains to SSL in the past month and am seeing this same issue on both sites that have VWS but nothing in VWS has changed in years.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?