Author Topic: Weatherlink Behaving Bizzarely  (Read 2930 times)

Offline AZmonsooncats

• Current weather conditions in North Phoenix, Ariz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Me & My Little Sis!!
    • Pepper Ridge North Valley  Weather and Lightning
Weatherlink Behaving Bizzarely
« on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:58 AM »
Hello All,

My weatherlink 5.71 software with serial connection , started behaving bizzarely tonight, missing records and not downloading the latest data, I have not had this problem in awhile , but has anyone experienced this at times it tries to download 513 records in the test station and then it won't upload new data in to the main one, I may have to clear the archive memory to fix this

comments welcome,

thanks

Jeanette

"Some dreams are in the night time, And some seem like yesterday
But leaves turn brown and fade, Ships sail away
You long to say a thousand words…but Seasons Change."

CWOP:CW3794, MesoWest: C3794, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PepperRidgeNorthValleyWX/

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
    • Highlands Ranch Weather
Re: Weatherlink Behaving Bizzarely
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
Check if there is a bad record in your .wlk file by opening the records page in WeatherLink (that button that looks like a notepad).  Sometimes a bad record gets appended to the end with a weird date.  If that is the case, delete the record and try a download from the station.

Offline AZmonsooncats

• Current weather conditions in North Phoenix, Ariz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Me & My Little Sis!!
    • Pepper Ridge North Valley  Weather and Lightning
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
Thanks for the response
Check if there is a bad record in your .wlk file by opening the records page in WeatherLink (that button that looks like a notepad).  Sometimes a bad record gets appended to the end with a weird date.  If that is the case, delete the record and try a download from the station.
Posted on: Today at 12:54:58 AMPosted by: AZmonsooncats 

If that had only been the problem the data looked good and no errors in the log even a dummy test station failed.

But finally

Update,

I finally was able to get data downloads again at 4:30am, I did everything sort of a complete power down it finally work after I went into set up mode and out but then it download a couple odd archives for futuristic dates in 2024 and 2040  #-o yet the clock date /station date were correct.  I then deleted the bogus data and cleared the archive memory for the six or seven time and it actually cleared the memory and it began to work again.

I am still going to contact Davis as this was very frustrating for more than 6 hours, ](*,)    I hope it doesn't happen again.

If anyone experienced this sort of problem let me know how you fixed it

Jeanette

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:27:34 PM by AZmonsooncats »
"Some dreams are in the night time, And some seem like yesterday
But leaves turn brown and fade, Ships sail away
You long to say a thousand words…but Seasons Change."

CWOP:CW3794, MesoWest: C3794, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PepperRidgeNorthValleyWX/

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:58:04 PM »
I just had somethingl like this happen on my end yesterday with this as it was download the data but the data would not appear in the browse records. So I finally saved the station folder to a flash drive deleted the station and created a new one than it worked again. I was able to bring back all the .wlk files execpt the last achieve memory was the bug one. What a pain..I did call davis and let them know about it.

Thanks,
Tim

Offline xmas1313

• McKinleyville Weather Observatory
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
I just had something similar happen this morning as well.  When viewing the data records, all that showed up was the date and time...even though double-clicking on the date/time brought up data in the graphical interface.  It turns out, at least in my case, that the "DataSets.dat" file got wiped out (file still there, but with nothing in it).  I believe this is the config file that tells WeatherLink what data you have available for archiving.  I copied an old version back in, and everything is working fine.  I did accidentally close WeatherLink around the same time, but I'm not sure why this would have cleared the DataSets file.

Scott
arlingtonweather.net