Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 149796 times)

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #875 on: July 18, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »
Ok I found the problem, disregard the help request though I may inlist someone a trusted source to be an additional admin on the Linux end so that when this happens they can help me keep this up.
The problem was, someone apparently attempted to gain unauthorized access into the server, well I have iptables installed and while sip connected, icecast and teamtalk my voice chat client both were not showing that they had any connectivity, which meant that the icecast server obviously wasn't getting streamout data from the server, and that I couldn't connect to tt.
Turns out I had to go through and fix the iptables and everything works now.
So a bit of help told me that.

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
« Reply #876 on: July 19, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
heh... stuff happens....
Once in a great while even the WxRadio DynDns server undergoes a 'reset', and Chris might not catce it immediately.... hopefully as we move deeper into the Tropics season, we won't crash the main icecast like happened last year.... just too many folks trying to access at one point some of our providers had over 300 connections to their single feed...
this is one of the advantages to providing streams to 'multiple' icecasts, especially to Brandon's additional server... that's easily done running 2 or more BUTT running to multile servers, or the SECaster can handle multiple with one app running...
Also as Dale mentioned... the Media Monitor, and Silence detector apps can monitor your dstreams an alert for a problem within seconds.  QRA monitoring checks all hourly, but only sends alerts after a few hours if the stream is absent... that runs delayed, since a few providers 'complained' of the hourly 'reminders, so we extended the 'wait and see if it comes back' delay to, I think, 4 hours before alerting...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:47:31 PM by NWROrg Team »

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #877 on: July 19, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
Indeed, but you know what, let's just say this, I learned one thing last night I didn't know I was without a bit, patience.  Lol.  I have it now though and at least I know what to do.  Speaking of tropics season we don't have any Mississippi feeds, and for some reason I'm not hearing wpb from the weather usa URL much less wxradio, also Jacksonville or the coastal Georgia areas.  Was just realizing how many feeds we are still missing.  I know one person I contacted, if their audio cable hadn't failed we'd have one of the old wu providers back up and running.  He had an audio cable failior and a hardware failior so I'm sure he'll get it fixed.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #878 on: July 24, 2018, 05:21:33 AM »
Hey all.
Wanted to say for those who tune to my stream, if there are times of dead air, right now I'm using my ham radio as my streaming source till I can get my hands on a scanner and till I can get someone out here to install for me my 5 8ths wave magnetic mount antenna.  So at any time, should their be dead air, I'm probably on an amateur radio qso.  That isn't something that is happening often right now as I'm trying to keep the stream alive, but having that be the only radio that I have right now which is available for that, it kinda leaves me in the position I am in.  Which is one I enjoy that is, I love streaming to this stuff and I'm glad we are all enjoying kzz52.  So, once I get the magnetic mount installed, and the scanner purchased, it won't matter what I'm doing on the radio yall will have kzz52, and if the band opening is a bit hot then I'll probably stream kih61 as it's even closer.  Thanks
Brandon

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
« Reply #879 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
Just completed an audit of the current streams on the NWROrg site, and reflected in the auto-synced Saratoga Provided  Website template...
Using the QRA algorithms only, we show a stream Quality / Reliability Average of last 14 daily scores across all streams (each digit is a day's score, oldest to newest):  55555555555555: This is consistent on a daily basis, always, and a big WELL DONE.. UU
The Max score is 6, and this is outstanding, especially considering some of the issues folks overcome. 

Now,
The Following have an active WxRadio dyundns mountpoint,
but have had no audio
, or long term audio problems and have been delisted:

WXK83 Florida Fort Myers PWS DA capeweather/capecoral
WXJ57 Indiana South Bend PWS NA ERenken/Niles
KDO89 Missouri St. Louis PWS NA stlouis

the Following may be soon de-listed
KXI68 Iowa St. Ansgar COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=0%
   last 14 daily scores='00000000000000' avgScore=0

WXK91 Kansas Topeka COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=0%

KHB46 Louisiana Baton Rouge COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=0%

WXK58 Nevada Reno COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='30300003000000' avgScore=0.6

WXL56 North Carolina Asheville COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='00010000000000' avgScore=0.1

KHB40 Texas Galveston COM NA Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=0%
   last 14 daily scores='55555000000000' avgScore=1.8

might check your streams if you're affected,....

The MOST RECENT (last night - July 23) QRA samples suggest that these very reliable streams might be tweaked a bit by provider: :-k

Idaho KPS509 status=ON Soft Audio=0, Score=3 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='33333333333303' avgScore=2.8
Indiana KEC74 status=ON Soft Audio=0, Score=3 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='53325424434333' avgScore=3.4
Nebraska WXM20 status=ON Soft Audio=0, Score=3 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='22222222322333' avgScore=2.3
Nevada WXK58 status=MQ Hum,Static,Clipping,Loud Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='30300003000000' avgScore=0.6
North Carolina KHB31 status=ON n/a Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=0%
   last 14 daily scores='66666666660000' avgScore=4.3
Tennessee WXK60 status=MQ Hum,Static,Clipping,Soft,Loud Audio=0, Score=0 24h-availibility=87.5%
   last 14 daily scores='06666666600650' avgScore=4.2
Virginia KHB36 status=ON Hum,Static,Clipping Audio=3, Score=3 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='55555555443253' avgScore=4.4
Washington WXL86 status=ON Static,Soft Audio=0, Score=2 24h-availibility=100%
   last 14 daily scores='22266662222222' avgScore=3

Not every 'issue' is really an issue, or even 'fixable'... some noise just cannot be solved, for example... it may be in the transmitter....
Also, the above QRA analysis for quality is NOT perfect, but provides guidelines for 'manual' administration... There can be a 'difference' between any QEA analysis, and any flags, or stars that or displayd for a site, usually QRA may not sense 'aliasing', some types of noise / distortion, that the Ear observes...  :?  so the usual 'noted' eccentricity would be a 'Gold Star' on a 'noisy' stream.. that Administrators have chosen to ignore for a period, ... getting a Gold Star takes some effort, and nobody gets dropped over a few days noise.... a few days Off Line might drop toe star, however.
The NWROrg Stars are the ONLY flag directly generated and controlled by QRA intervention.... and can be 'over-ridden' or 'added' by Administration... The 'MG' (marginal quality) 'DA' (disabled by admin) or 'NA' (not available) status flags are controlled solely by administration, using QRA and EarDrum input.. :-)

Y'All Doin' Good!

A few hundred more stream wouldn't hurt, though....

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #880 on: July 24, 2018, 07:47:49 PM »
I saw wwg20 had no audio but wxk58 seems to had audio.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #881 on: July 27, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »
wwg20 is back online.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #882 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:46 AM »
I don't know if I'm the only one noticing but the wwg43 feed is skipping, quite a bit at times.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #883 on: July 30, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »
I don't know if I'm the only one noticing but the wwg43 feed is skipping, quite a bit at times.
WWG43 feed always has. 
WWG43:
Clipping and Balance Checks -  Results: Questionable
  Clipping at: 79%
  Balance: L and R equal
Audio Levels
  Absolute Maximum: -3.031 dbFS (-20.980 dB) - High Maximum Level
He may be running excessive line level in
Sometimes the fault is in the transmitter, more often it's the provider.  Notice many times occurs with excessive volume level in.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:00:45 AM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #884 on: July 30, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
I have to apologize for my noise at times on the kzz52 feed, we have occasional power line interference which I can't do anything about down here.  Sadly.  As I also noted, on Mondays are the only time, in which you may hear dead air for about a half an hour or longer when I'm calling a ham net, on other days if I'm silent it's due to the ham nets or whatnot.  This is because unfortunately, the only radio I have to stream kzz52 from is my wouxun mobile transceiver.  It's duelband is not very nice so, I can't have kzz52 on one side while monitoring my club repeater on the other.
I need a new power supply for my kenwood, that radio was absolutely nice as it could do it all literally.
Hopefully I'll get a better radio for streaming, but the radio I'm using is working right now for sure.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #885 on: August 06, 2018, 06:40:05 PM »
My question has to do with Ken's NOAA weather radio script.

I recently secured all the pages on my webiste (www.tylertexasweather.com). When I load my wxradio page (www.tylertexasweather.com/wxradio.htm) the audio doesn't load and I get a message "Failed To Load Audio Stream". Also, just below the map, I get a message 'Coverage Map for Tyler TX not available.' It should be showing the GIF of my local coverage area from the NWS.

The problem occurs only with Firefox - Chrome and IE work. I understand Firefox doesn't like non-secure content on a secure page so I"m sure that's what causing the issue. I was wondering if Ken might be able to modify his script to 1) check for a secured page, and 2) if the browser is Firefox. If both these conditions are true, could a message be displayed that the Weather Radio isn't available when using Firefox and to use Chrome, IE, and maybe other tested browsers instead?

Thanks,

Steve

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #886 on: August 06, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
Steve,

I've had that problem with my Weather Radio page as well as others and my solution, for now, was to utilize a sub-domain for pages with non-secure content.  I do not use ssl on that sub domain.

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #887 on: August 06, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
It's here -- Version 2.00 of the NWR/EC radio player with my big thanks to Doug Chappelle for his coding help!

Version 2.00 has a major change:  It uses Leaflet/OpenStreetMaps instead of Google, so no API key is needed for maps

This version also has:
1) now produces valid HTML5 with the radios.php script.  Valid HTML5 for Saratoga templates requires a few mods to top.php in the template to automatically remove the type="text/javascript" and type="text/css" from the template pages.  I've attached that 'top.php' mod below.
2) I renamed a few items: include-wxradio.php is now NWR-radios-inc.php.  Did same with original .js/.css files.
3) both the standalone radios.php and the template wxradio.php use NWR-radios-inc.php for the main contents (so I can do one distribution for either standalone or template use).
4) it's now 100% HTTPS ready.. I added a NWR-coverage.php 'proxy' script to get the image for the coverage map from http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/Maps/GIF/ and return the image to the browser. 
It will stay 'secure' if https:// is used for the stream URL.. otherwise, it will show a broken lock.  Can't help that one.
5) the radios.php is fully responsive (images too).  The template version is bounded by template aspect (narrow/wide).

Don't forget to upload the new stuff in ./ajax-images/ also...

Download from the script page .. instructions have also been updated there.

Best regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:35:08 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #888 on: August 06, 2018, 07:17:48 PM »
Ken,

Wow, did I miss an earlier announcement, or was my timing just impeccable?  :grin:

Update: I went to the link on your site and had a few issues. 1) Tried several sites, but got no audio on any. 2) The location map just says "Loading Map", and 3) The coverage map just says Coverage Map Not Available. These issues are using Firefox. Works fine with Chrome.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:23:54 PM by SteveFitz1 »

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #889 on: August 06, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »
So, two answers:
1) yes, your timing was impeccable .. I just finished the workup of the package today.

2) make sure you've uploaded all the files, then do a shift-reload of the browser -- you may have browser cached the old  .js files and it's trying to use a Google JS script with a Leaflet based map.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #890 on: August 06, 2018, 07:37:36 PM »
Ken,

That fixed items 2 and 3, but I still don't hear any audio when viewing this page on your site.

Steve

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #891 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:15 PM »
Ken,

That fixed items 2 and 3, but I still don't hear any audio when viewing this page on your site.

Steve
my radios.php page or my radio.php page on my site?  Which browser?

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #892 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:44 PM »
my radios.php page or my radio.php page on my site?  Which browser?

Ken,

It's this page https://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-wxradio.php#wxradio. The issue is with FireFox. After about 10 seconds, just below the station name dropdown, the message "Failed to Load Audio Stream" appears.

When I turn FireFox's Developer Tools on - the Web Console, I get this message: Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://saratogawx.dyndns.org:88/broadwave.mp3” on a secure page.

FYI, the same thing happens on my own page with the same errors using FireFox.

Steve

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #893 on: August 07, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »
Odd.. the radio.php, radios.php, scripts-wxradio.php load for me (using https:) and play normally/continuous .
I'm using Firefox 61.0.1(64 bit).

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #894 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:33 AM »
Great work, guys! =D> :-) \:D/  Version 2 is up and running here.

I had a problem with the map overflowing to the right in my Saratoga template because somewhere in my serpentine CSS the padding here
Code: [Select]
#map{
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  height: 50%;
  width: 100% !important;
}
was overwritten by 'a padding: 10;' leaving me with the overflowing map.  The fix was easy
#map{
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0 !important;
  height: 50%;
  width: 100% !important;
}
and now all is well. 8-)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #895 on: August 07, 2018, 08:38:57 AM »
Odd.. the radio.php, radios.php, scripts-wxradio.php load for me (using https:) and play normally/continuous .
I'm using Firefox 61.0.1(64 bit).

Ken,

I tried the page on a different computer and it worked. So I tried my computer again with the latest FireFox release and still had the same problem. So I did a FireFox Refresh to clean out cache and reset settings and now it works. Not sure what was causing the issue, just glad it's working now.

UPDATE: After refreshing FireFox, I put a couple of my ad blocker extensions back on. I discovered Ghostery is blocking the audio. Not sure why, but I can pause Ghostery on that page and the audio loads. Turning Ghostery back on again, I get the "Failed to Load Audio" message. Now I at least know who the culprit is.

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:51:07 AM by SteveFitz1 »

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #896 on: August 07, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »
Glad you found the culprit, Steve!  I had a issue with Safari on my iPad too.. finally got the cache cleared and when the scripts loaded, it worked as anticipated.

Speaking of CSS foibles (gwillik), I had one with the new script that the little bar in the zoom-slider was missing.  After much hair pulling and using both Chrome and Firefox development tools, I finally located it to the bootstrap CSS having an entry of
box-sizing: border-box; and that was suppressing the background black for the middle of the slider.
Adding a
box-sizing: unset !important; to the Leaflet CSS
.leaflet-control-zoomslider-body {
width: 2px;
border: solid #fff;
border-width: 0px 9px 0px 9px;
background-color: black;
margin: 0 auto;
-webkit-box-sizing: unset !important;
box-sizing: unset !important;
}
fixed that foible up.  It was not a problem with the quake-json nor mesonet-map scripts.. only a problem if Bootstrap was used.  Sigh... glad both Chrome and Firefox have detailed debugging tools for CSS available.

Offline chappelledpc

• Senior Contributor
    • Stonybrook South
« Reply #897 on: August 18, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »
I finally updated my script but have an issue.  The map won't load.  I've flushed the browser's cache with no luck.  Any clues?

http://ww2.mymishawakaweather.com/wxradio.php

I just tried your link and it loaded the map and started playing.  Maybe Ken will chime in and give you some ideas.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:00:23 AM by chappelledpc »

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #898 on: August 18, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
I was modifying my post just as you replied:

EDIT: The map seems to work from my non-ssl domain (http://ww2.mymishawakaweather.com/wxradio.php) but not when loaded from my ssl secure domain (https://mymishawakaweather.com/wxnoaaradio.php)  I found this in Chrome developer tools that may be pertinent?

NWR-radios.js:209 Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined
    at showmap (NWR-radios.js:209)
    at showStation (NWR-radios.js:160)
    at NWR-radios.js:248
showmap @ NWR-radios.js:209
showStation @ NWR-radios.js:160
(anonymous) @ NWR-radios.js:248
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ NWR-radios.js:248
j @ jquery.min.js:2
k @ jquery.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:2
i @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
fire @ jquery.min.js:2
i @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
ready @ jquery.min.js:2
R @ jquery.min.js:3

I also have a broken padlock when accessed via https even though my stream (https://mymishawakaweather.com:8443/stream) is ssl secure.  Chrome developer tools blame this in the coverage map being "insecure content".

I finally updated my script but have an issue.  The map won't load.  I've flushed the browser's cache with no luck.  Any clues?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:26:22 AM by tmabell »

Offline chappelledpc

• Senior Contributor
    • Stonybrook South
« Reply #899 on: August 18, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
I was modifying my post just as you replied:

EDIT: The map seems to work from my non-ssl domain (http://ww2.mymishawakaweather.com/wxradio.php) but not when loaded from my ssl secure domain (https://mymishawakaweather.com/wxnoaaradio.php)  I also have a broken padlock when accessed via https even though my stream (https://mymishawakaweather.com:8443/stream) is ssl secure.  Chrome developer tools blame this in the coverage map being "insecure content".

I tried your HTTPS link and the map doesn't load.  Strange. 

HTTPS on my server seems to work.   https://chappelleweather.com/NWR-Radio/radios.php 

anything