Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 186282 times)

Offline Mtnviper

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1225 on: January 22, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
Hmm.   Thanks for that data point.   That should not matter, but it is possible that something in the rapidfire payload is messing up sending to our geospatial server.  Everything else seems to work fine...

From testing with my Meteobridge uploading to WU every 30 seconds causes station to disappear from Wundermap. Changing WU upload to every 1 minute and you almost instantly show back up on Wundermap.
I can confirm this.  I use Meteobridge and changed upload from every 5 seconds to every minute and that put me back on the Wundermap. I would rather upload every 5 seconds.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1226 on: January 22, 2019, 12:57:29 PM »
All,

rapidfire stations now appear on the map!
I know we aren't able to be as responsive as you like to all of these issues, but i hope you can be patient with us, our small team is dedicated to making sure that the products we continue to offer work as you expect them to.

Some other things.  You may have noticed the station views counter went away.  This has always been broken.  It was a sort of fun project for one of our engineers years ago, and it never really consistently worked right.  It will not appear on the new version of the PWS page, so now that it is broken, we have decided to remove it.

Offline BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #1227 on: January 22, 2019, 01:04:06 PM »
All,

I know we aren't able to be as responsive as you like to all of these issues, but i hope you can be patient with us, our small team is dedicated to making sure that the products we continue to offer work as you expect them to.

Some other things.  You may have noticed the station views counter went away.  This has always been broken.  It was a sort of fun project for one of our engineers years ago, and it never really consistently worked right.  It will not appear on the new version of the PWS page, so now that it is broken, we have decided to remove it.

Thanks for fixing the map problem and letting us know about the removal of the counter.  I’m looking forward to seeing the new version of the PWS page.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
All,

I think WU did the right thing to remove the count function—it was unreliable and not sure it provided any useful information. It was kinda fun while it lasted though!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:12:32 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #1229 on: January 22, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »
Thanks so much for taking care of this.  My station is back on the WunderMap.

Much appreciated! =D> \:D/ =D>
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1230 on: January 22, 2019, 02:44:07 PM »
All, rapidfire stations now appear on the map!

Thank you for fixing rapid fire. I can live without the visit counter.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1231 on: January 22, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
I too am back on the WunderMap. What is the criteria for a particular station to appear based on different zoom settings?  My station does not appear until I zoom in one notch.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1232 on: January 22, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »
I too am back on the WunderMap. What is the criteria for a particular station to appear based on different zoom settings?  My station does not appear until I zoom in one notch.

From my experience I think it is luck and random depending on where you start on the map and depending on how many neighbors you have and how close they are. On the other older map the stations with earliest 1st online date (longest history) took precedence. On the current map it kinda seems like mixed results. Definitely not weather data quality related.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1233 on: January 22, 2019, 04:10:09 PM »
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNCFAYET25
I know this is a case by case issue. Still NOT on any map. Can you please take a look????

All,

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:15:09 PM by editorizer »

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1234 on: January 22, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
I see your station on wundermap
https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=35.052&lon=-78.962&zoom=13&tl.play=0&tl.spd=2&groupSevere=1&groupHurricane=1&groupFire=1&groupCamsPhotos=1&groupRealEstate=1&eyedropper=0&extremes=0&fault=0&favs=0&femaflood=0&fire=0&firewfas=0&fissures=0&fronts=0&hurrevac=0&hur=0&labels=0&lightning=0&livesurge=0&mm=0&ndfd=0&rad=1&rad.num=1&rad.spd=25&rad.opa=81&rad.type=00Q&rad.type2=&rad.smo=1&rad.noc=1&rad.stm=0&dir=1&dir.mode=driving&sst=0&sat=0&seismicrisk=0&svr=0&ski=0&snowfall=0&stateLines=0&stormreports=0&tor=0&tfk=0&tsunami=0&riv=0&wxsn=0&cams=0&pix=0

Hang tight for the other map, that still on the old system and we're not updating that.

I know this is a case by case issue. Still NOT on any map. Can you please take a look????

All,

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1235 on: January 22, 2019, 05:38:31 PM »
Thanks for taking a look. Been off the grid for years.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=35.052&lon=-78.962&zoom=13&tl.play=0&tl.spd=2&groupSevere=1&groupHurricane=1&groupFire=1&groupCamsPhotos=1&groupRealEstate=1&eyedropper=0&extremes=0&fault=0&favs=0&femaflood=0&fire=0&firewfas=0&fissures=0&fronts=0&hurrevac=0&hur=0&labels=0&lightning=0&livesurge=0&mm=0&ndfd=0&rad=1&rad.num=1&rad.spd=25&rad.opa=81&rad.type=00Q&rad.type2=&rad.smo=1&rad.noc=1&rad.stm=0&dir=1&dir.mode=driving&sst=0&sat=0&seismicrisk=0&svr=0&ski=0&snowfall=0&stateLines=0&stormreports=0&tor=0&tfk=0&tsunami=0&riv=0&wxsn=0&cams=0&pix=0

Hang tight for the other map, that still on the old system and we're not updating that.

All,

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #1236 on: January 22, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »
For a long time now when I try to save the Wundermap with the dark map option it never saves it. It always goes back to terrain. I use the save pref button and it says saved but it never does.
Any ideas?

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1237 on: January 22, 2019, 10:50:47 PM »

You mean we're going to be stuck with that ridiculous "wundermap" and nothing else?  Are you going to fix it so it saves preferences such center, zoom levels, etc?  Because right now it is unusable.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #1238 on: January 23, 2019, 07:03:02 AM »
I read in another thread where WU had done away with API which is needed for Alexa skill.  Without going back through pages of conversation, is there a away to get my PWS going to WU on Alexa anytime in the future?

Thanks
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1239 on: January 23, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »
From my experience I think it is luck and random depending on where you start on the map and depending on how many neighbors you have and how close they are. On the other older map the stations with earliest 1st online date (longest history) took precedence. On the current map it kinda seems like mixed results. Definitely not weather data quality related.
I can confirm that online date hasn't any bearing. In my area KWAREDMO I am 131 and don't show at 1x, yet stations around me (182, 207) show up just fine. I'll just write it off to WUFUBAR.

Offline raul_sbd

• Raul Weather
« Reply #1240 on: January 23, 2019, 06:30:24 PM »
Could you please check why my webcam is not showing on wunderground app map but shows fine on the browser on pc? My station is is ISALE43 and the webcam name is raulsbdcam4

Many thanks

All,

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1241 on: January 24, 2019, 04:20:52 AM »
Perhaps WU staff could now look at why the map double loads. It appears then goes blank then loads again.

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1242 on: January 24, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »
Just for fun I set up an IFTTT Applelet that tells Alexa to set my smart lights a certain color according to the weather. The function works just fine. The Applelet will ask me if I want to view on WU. When I go to weather underground it takes me to my PWS in browser (not the app) and my station is there but not on the small map. See 2 attached screen captures. Further when I open the WU APP - see 1 attached screen capture - my station is there but Not on the map. So it looks like to me - WU needs to fix far more than just Wundermap. Our androids and iphones are relying on APPS and phone versions of websites. This is primarily what people use these days.

Offline theliman

« Reply #1243 on: January 24, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
Hi Folks

Apologies for drifting away from this thread.  Ben has as many of you noticed left the company.  I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

When you have a moment, could you touch on this question I had from another thread?

I've had a PWS on Wunderground reporting for about a year now. New guy popped up a week ago a couple of blocks over - he needs to get off my turf! (no no, it's very exciting and good for the community). Anyway, on the map his PWS circle overlaps mine, and his is the "full circle" on top. Zoom out, and I'm completely covered! How does this work? I call seniority!

Also - there is another weather station that put their icon near mine, while their location is 5-10 miles away. Their temperatures are frequently different from the rest of ours on the map because of this. Does reporting the bad data actually do anything? Any other way to get the location moved to be accurate?

Greg_M

« Reply #1244 on: January 24, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »
This topic has been going on for over a year now and apparently there are still problems.

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1245 on: January 24, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
This topic has been going on for over a year now and apparently there are still problems.

I'll drink to that! =D>

Online ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #1246 on: January 24, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »

Welcome to the world of WU/IBM  :lol:
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #1247 on: January 24, 2019, 12:09:29 PM »
If all the other WXForum hardware/software forum areas had a pinned "Let us know your issues" general topic, they would all be going on for years, too.

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Greg_M

« Reply #1248 on: January 24, 2019, 08:38:18 PM »
How would you know?

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #1249 on: January 25, 2019, 09:32:38 AM »
Several days ago WU resolved the issue with local PWS visibility and access via WunderMap which now appears to be working normally again.  My WebCam link on WunderMap works in all browsers except Chrome, so I can't blame WU for the WunderMap webcam link's dysfunction in Chrome.  Rather, Chrome appears to be the culprit.

:!: :!: :!: Don't forget to login by clicking on the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of WunderMap.  This will enable you to personalize your view of the WunderMap by clicking on 'Save Prefs', which does indeed just that.  Naturally as a contributor to WU your account will be ad-free once you've logged in.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

anything