Author Topic: Weatherunderground data  (Read 874 times)

Offline daks

Weatherunderground data
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:35:52 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with WXunderground data?  My data I report to ambientweather.net looks normal, but data sent to WXunderground is "haywire".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:43:19 AM by daks »

Offline WeatherNC

Re: Weatherunderground data
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »
WU is having major server issues.  Expect things to be on and off until they get all the bugs worked out.
See the link below..
John

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/api-not-working-8jsfugpjga7xv

Offline daks

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »
Thank you for the info and the link!  I coincidentally upgraded the observerIP firmware right around this time and thought that was it, but my data, as I stated, was normal when viewed on ambientweather.net.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:01:52 AM by daks »

Offline WindyRidgeNZ

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
I joined this forum yesterday with exactly this question. I got a WS-1000 clone yesterday and could not initially get it to upload. A firmware update to 2.4.4 later, (thanks to this forum) it was uploading intermittently. So then I did some packet captures and found that when it was failing, it was being rejected for station ID/key incorrect, despite them being correct.

Then I found there's a Weather Underground section on this forum as well, and saw all the 'why are all the uploads failing?' threads from the last week or so.

I'm toying with the idea of writing something on a RPi to intercept the WU updates, log them locally and re-upload them to some other service.