Author Topic: CWOP Caused Random, Periodic, Data Drop-outs?  (Read 970 times)

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
CWOP Caused Random, Periodic, Data Drop-outs?
« on: June 26, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »
Has anybody else noticed the seemingly increasing number of CWOP data drop-outs?

I have two Davis weather stations in operation: (1) a standard VP2 station (ISS and Console) using WeatherLink-IP and (2) an Envoy8X using WeatherLink-USB. The WL-IP autonomously sends my data to DAVIS-land via internet, while the Envoy8X captures (and holds) the EXACT SAME data until I manually download it into a separate computer. So, effectively, I have redundant data capture...thus, what I SEE in my Envoy8X data is basically (within ±time synch) what I sent to Davis, which is what then got distributed to CWOP and WU.

Recently, too often, I've been seeing "blank" spots in ALL of my CWOP data displays...but not always so in my WU displays...and NOT in my Envoy8X captured data.

And, THAT leads me to believe that CWOP is where things are getting "lost." And, moreover, Gladstone's WXQC has majorly hiccuped on my Dew Point data, producing QC-numbers beyond comprehension -- like something got divided by Zero or multiplied by Infinity -- and all seemingly happening when said data "drop-outs" have occurred.

Coincidence or causal effects?

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:42:35 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: CWOP Caused Random, Periodic, Data Drop-outs?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 03:18:15 PM »
I've had no problems of late that I'm aware of.
I think my opinion of Gladestone (although it's well intended) is readily known.

anything