Author Topic: minor VirtualVP update and signed 64 bit virtual serial driver  (Read 35072 times)

Offline Dragonfly

• http://www.crewe-weather.com
Re: minor VirtualVP update and signed 64 bit virtual serial driver
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
VSPE Serial emulator does not run on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. I purchased and installed the 64 bit version and works great in Windows 7 and since I have an older PC dedicated for my Weather apps there are no issues. I did however stopped using VVP since VSPE basically does the same thing and using TCTP and a port I can run unlimited apps including WXSolutions that now accepts TCTP and upper level COM Ports plus you can also run applications from another PC over your LAN.

-Ingo

Offline renatohtpc

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 12:23:27 PM »
The link pointing to virtualvp1.2.4.zip no longer works.  Does anybody know where I can find that (or perhaps a later) version?

Thanks

Renato

Offline broadstairs

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 12:36:16 PM »
Renato I've sent you a PM.

Stuart
Ecowitt GW1003 with ultrasonic wind gauge, lightning sensor and PM2.5 sensor with Personal Weather Tablet as a console.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
I hope that someday VVPro can be updated to work with the latest Davis firmware. I am still on 1.9 and see no reason to upgrade. However, it would be nice to get to the latest versions. Currently I am running VVPro with WD, Cumulus, VWS, WV32, WL, and VPlive. The weather computer also provides graphics to my RaspPi weather frame and a Kodak W1020 picture frame at the same time.

Offline renatohtpc

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »
Garth

I too am running WD, Cumulus, and VPLive version 1.2.5.27 but I am using a Serial to Ethernet converter (i.e. the USR-WIFI232-610).  My console is running firmware 3.15.

I noticed that sometimes, the 3 systems get out of sync for 1-2 secs. Do you have any experience with this? WD appears to get out of snch the most and the longest.

Thanks
Renato

Offline renatohtpc

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Whomever said that multitasking improves productivity, has not met me :)

Apologies to the forum. Clearly today I was under the impression that version 1.2.4 is a later version than version 1.2.5!!!!!

BTW, version 1.2.5 is readily available at the following site:

http://www.softwx.com/weather/vplive.html

Sorry for the confusion

Renato