Author Topic: Awekas Plus upgrade.  (Read 16530 times)

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Awekas Plus upgrade.
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
I noticed today that the Awekas site has an optional upgrade you can choose. It includes adding several more gages to the control/display panel, precip., rain rate, wind gusts, UV, and solar radiation. There claims to be the option of putting this control panel on your website as well. The trade off is you allow Awekas to farm out your data to 3rd party organizations.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:04:44 AM by DanS »

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Awekas Plus upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:43:15 PM »
I noticed that yesterday as well.. Didn't know exactly how to take it honestly but I checked to allow data to be used elsewhere. No big deal to me actually as I control the switch :lol: and can always turn it off if need be.   But then again if my data helps someone else along the way that's OK too.

I would much rather help than hurt  :-)

Dan, you're missing out on a nice little snow storm over in Virginia currently  \:D/ \:D/

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »
I noticed that yesterday as well.. Didn't know exactly how to take it honestly but I checked to allow data to be used elsewhere. No big deal to me actually as I control the switch :lol: and can always turn it off if need be.   But then again if my data helps someone else along the way that's OK too.

I would much rather help than hurt  :-)

Dan, you're missing out on a nice little snow storm over in Virginia currently  \:D/ \:D/

I've been trying to following that system from here when I get a chance Wayne. Hopefully it stays a "nice little snow storm" as you say and doesn't cause any problems for anyone. Good timing for the holidays. That's something that doesn't happen very often, at least for the 20+ years I lived around there. Enjoy it if you can!

Dan

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »
You're sure right this kind of weather doesn't happen in my area often for sure!
I was looking at the forecast discussion and they were referring to this storm as much like the one of January 1996.
We're currently under a Winter Storm Warning with a predicted storm total of 12-18" .  Currently have about 4-5" here currently.

We carried in plenty of wood and coal, picked up gas for the generator and we have lots to eat so ....yep  guess were ready :lol:

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
It does sound like you have things under control there. Be sure to take some pics to share with us "less fortunate" ones. :grin:

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
It does sound like you have things under control there. Be sure to take some pics to share with us "less fortunate" ones. :grin:

Palm trees....hammocks.........tall drinks with umbrellas.........
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
I'll "hold down the fort" while you keep me informed of the conditions there.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:40:03 PM by DanS »

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 07:40:29 PM »

Will Do !

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
The rate it's snowing it about has both my anemometers snowed under! May not have much in the way of wind speeds until the morning when I can get on the roof and clean at least one of em off  #-o

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
Watch out up on the roof especially if you have snow stuck to your shoes. Not worth the risk. We want you around here for a while.  ;)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 12:24:32 AM »
I'm getting some of the white stuff here.  They upped the estimate to 2-4" now.  Way the local media is going on you'd think we were in line for 12-18".   :roll:

My website is getting some additional activity.  Also had up to 5 listeners to my NOAA stream.  Currently showing 3 listening to it.

Kind of funny to think those people have no clue that they are listening to a 20 year old Radio Shack scanner in the corner of a basement connected to a 10 year old computer.   :lol:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
Watch out up on the roof especially if you have snow stuck to your shoes. Not worth the risk. We want you around here for a while.  ;)

Thanks Dan!!  I am having a terrible time standing upright on our concrete porch today  :lol:

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 06:23:27 PM »
The new Plus page also has a wxcam slot. If you already upload a picture to Wxunderground (or any other site I guess)you can pull that same picture over to Awekas.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 12:24:28 AM »
Received an email today from Awekas telling about the upgrade.  I finally was able to dig up my log in and updated my account.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything