Author Topic: Vantage Vue Remote Display/Monitor - ALternatives to a 2nd Console?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline MaverickNH

Just wondering if there is a simple alternative to a 2nd Console to display my Vantage Vue current In/Out Weather (temp, humidity, wind) elsewhere in my house?

I guess I can just put a cheap Win10 tablet set to my Weather Underground station but thought there might be a nicer option.

Thanks,

Bret/N4SRN

[Edited title and text to clarify question]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:03:07 PM by MaverickNH »

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
Re: Vantage Vue Retransmit - ALternatives to a 2nd Console?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:01:44 PM »
The only other product I'm aware of is the repeater that Davis sells.

There's a battery powered one on eBay going for a dirt cheap price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Davis-Vantage-Pro-2-Wireless-Repeater-Model-7624/263669292268?epid=22017780712&hash=item3d63ea1cec:g:NNgAAOSwR8ZayvtJ

Ends in a couple of hours though.

Offline MaverickNH

Re: Vantage Vue Retransmit - ALternatives to a 2nd Console?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 12:05:12 PM »
The only other product I'm aware of is the repeater that Davis sells.

My bad! I’ve edited my title and question to clarify I’m asking for a 2nd remote display/monitor to display the weather data elsewhere in my house.

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
Ah, sorry. I thought you were asking if there was an alternative to using a console as a repeater (since the consoles can retransmit).

Unfortunately, other than something like a tablet, the davis consoles are really the only option.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Just wondering if there is a simple alternative to a 2nd Console to display my Vantage Vue current In/Out Weather (temp, humidity, wind) elsewhere in my house?

[Edited title and text to clarify question]

Using my WiFilogger you will be able to open web site with your current data on any device at your home with web browser (laptop/smart TV, smartphone etc.)
It's a html mirror of your console.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34312.0
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
And you can have WiFiLogger upload to Weatherlink and then see the weatherlink.com v2 bulletin...

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline MaverickNH

And you can have WiFiLogger upload to Weatherlink and then see the weatherlink.com v2 bulletin...

Enjoy,
Paul
Thanks - looks nice. I already use MeteoBridge so have my data uploading to Internet via that system.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Meteobridge, of course, has the same sort of page as the WifiLogger.  And there is the quick view page(s) from Smartbedded that could be displayed on a cheap tablet or even old phone.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything