Author Topic: Weather Display with extra sensors  (Read 712 times)

Offline shirsch

Weather Display with extra sensors
« on: February 01, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
I have a 5 in 1 Pro Plus with a Display station and an addition sensor set to channel B. All working fine except that I am picking up an extra sensor signal that does not belong to me. My neighbors do not have an Acurite system so that rules that out. The signal is weak and set to Channel A. I have tried to reset the display still no go. Any  ideas how to delete theat channel A sensor that does not belong to me?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Display with extra sensors
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »
I have a 5 in 1 Pro Plus with a Display station and an addition sensor set to channel B. All working fine except that I am picking up an extra sensor signal that does not belong to me. My neighbors do not have an Acurite system so that rules that out. The signal is weak and set to Channel A. I have tried to reset the display still no go. Any  ideas how to delete theat channel A sensor that does not belong to me?

I assume you're seeing this other sensor on your display?  What model of display do you have?

Offline shirsch

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »
I believe it is Model #: 06056M

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
I believe it is Model #: 06056M

I'm not terribly familiar with that display, but I don't think there is a way to tell it to ignore a sensor on one of the channels.

Since the signal is weak, you might try setting one of your sensors to channel A and see if it locks on to yours instead due to the stronger signal.

You might ask this question on Acurite's support board, support.acurite.com, for a response from someone who has worked with that display and a response from one of the official support techs.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
Do the neighbors have another brand of weather sensor? Sometimes, they can be received as well... I have picked up two other sensors on my display, and I have no idea where they are coming from either.

anything