Author Topic: AcuRite Pro 01036 WeatherUnderground RapidFire Bridge  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Weatherornot

AcuRite Pro 01036 WeatherUnderground RapidFire Bridge
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
I set up my weather station last week and I am so pleased with how it works. I am sending data to WU station ID is KCTCANTE4 and all is great. It reloads new data ever 15 minutes but I discovered RapidFire and see other stations using this option. I have checked the buttons on the AcuRite program and the WU site. But still no rapidfire! Not sure it is a IE browser Java setting that needs turned on, tried Chome as well or some other missing link on my settings for my weather station or at WU's settings. Or do I need a 3ed party software bridge, if I do I need detailed instructions on the setup. I tried Kevin Key's program and Cumulus but then are not passing data so I know I have not got a connection correct someplace. Anyway I need help with this as I am out of ideas.

Thanks for listening to me.

Jim ](*,)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Re: AcuRite Pro 01036 WeatherUnderground RapidFire Bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »
If I understand it correctly (and I probably DON'T!) but you will not be able to get your station to upload at the frequency that many stations can and do. The problem is Accu-Rite. Davis, Rainwise and some others will upload every few seconds. Your station does not. Sorry.

Offline Weatherornot

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Thanks for replying to me, just figured that if I could get it to RapidFire I would run it that way. Perhaps someone will figure out an easy way to make the AcuRite Pro Weather Station software RapidFire or AcuRite will add that feature. Kohls online website had this Station on sale for $120 so I bought one but now I just looked and the price is back to $179. So I can't really complain. Still very happy with this station.
I see these two stations in AZ are not RapidFiring either so I guess it is what it is! I just think 15 minutes between new weather postings is a little to far out in time. Five minute between uploads would be a good time.

Offline dschmidt_2000

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »
 :idea:If you're willing to run your computer 24/7, you can use the USB connection to your pc and running this software you can do rapidfire updates.
http://forum1.valleyinfosys.com/index.php/topic,243.0.html
Software is free.
I run it on my Accurite 01035 with a small low power PC.

Offline Weatherornot

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »
I tried to download the software but it gives me an error message saying;

DLL File could not be created. Probable cause is that you cannot write to disk or directory shown above.
WIL Extender Error: 10143  ExtractAttachedFile  Error finding or extracting specified file.
On line 41 of C:\Program...atch\Source\VISReader.wbt

extractattachedfile{"acurite.exe",strcat
{instdir,"acurite.exe"}}

WinBatch 32 2013C
WIL Version: 6.13cmc

The laptop I am trying to put this software on is running Win8.1

Got any ideas ???

Offline Weatherornot

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »
Additional information on the Traceback;

# Type                      Line # Error Line                                Source File
1 else                     38 if ver=="34"                                    VISReader.wbt
2 <error>               41 extractattachedfile{"acurite....          VISReader.wbt

Offline dschmidt_2000

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »
I tried to download the software but it gives me an error message saying;

DLL File could not be created. Probable cause is that you cannot write to disk or directory shown above.
WIL Extender Error: 10143  ExtractAttachedFile  Error finding or extracting specified file.
On line 41 of C:\Program...atch\Source\VISReader.wbt

extractattachedfile{"acurite.exe",strcat
{instdir,"acurite.exe"}}

WinBatch 32 2013C
WIL Version: 6.13cmc

The laptop I am trying to put this software on is running Win8.1

Got any ideas ???

Post a help note in his forums section.  He's really prompt with helping people out.

Offline Weatherornot

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
I signed up at the ValleyInfor Fourm and waiting to be accepted. Also I see some people with my AcuRite Pro Station are using this software called Acu-ByPass_v1.0 but I googled it and find no links to the program. This program uploads to WU every 5 minutes. Left an email to one of the users of this software in AZ who's Station ID is KAZTUCSO235 and waiting for a reply. This could be a Linux or Apple program verses Windows. Hope someone will know....

Offline dschmidt_2000

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 01:36:06 AM »
I signed up at the ValleyInfor Fourm and waiting to be accepted. Also I see some people with my AcuRite Pro Station are using this software called Acu-ByPass_v1.0 but I googled it and find no links to the program. This program uploads to WU every 5 minutes. Left an email to one of the users of this software in AZ who's Station ID is KAZTUCSO235 and waiting for a reply. This could be a Linux or Apple program verses Windows. Hope someone will know....

Looks like he made an adjustment for you.  Give it a try now.

Offline Weatherornot

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
Can't seem to get to the download to it now, I keep going around in circles when I click on the download link. Or maybe it has moved and I just cannot find it. Anyway until I get a good download link I have to just wait..... :sad:

Jim

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
If I understand it correctly (and I probably DON'T!) but you will not be able to get your station to upload at the frequency that many stations can and do. The problem is Accu-Rite. Davis, Rainwise and some others will upload every few seconds. Your station does not. Sorry.

The shortest update interval for the Acurite is 18 seconds (windspeed).  The shortest interval for Davis is 2.5 seconds (also windspeed).

The 15 minute interval has nothing to do with the sensor reporting rate.  It's more about Acurite conserving bandwidth and other resources between their servers and Wunderground.