Author Topic: Data acquisition  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Martin

Data acquisition
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:32 AM »
Gday All,

I have recently purchased an Oregon WMR100 and using VWS. However the software stops acquiring information from the unit after a few minutes.
I have to close the software and reopen it to continue. Not too good for long term data acquisition.
Anybody got any clues as to a setting that may require tweaking. I've looked but obviously can't see.

Thanks
Martin

Offline PhilG

Re: Data acquisition
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:58:56 PM »
Hi Martin,
I know this will not answer your question, but you may be able to answer mine.

I am thinking of buying a WMR-100. I have a some of questions:-

1) If a PC is not connected, does the WMR-100 continue to data log.
So that when you connect a PC the data can be downloaded?
In other words, can I data log without having the PC connected & running
all the time? I can not find any mention in the online documentation.
If it does, how many samples does it continue to hold?

2) The supporting poles supplied, are they metallic or thick walled plastic?

3) Does the documentation mention how long the batteries will last in the outdoor sensors, in other words how remote can I place the wind sensor without having to change the batteries every 5 mins!?

I look forward to hearing your comments.
Regards
Phil

Offline FishDude

• OFA Weather Web!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »
Quote from: "Martin"
Gday All,

I have recently purchased an Oregon WMR100 and using VWS. However the software stops acquiring information from the unit after a few minutes.
I have to close the software and reopen it to continue. Not too good for long term data acquisition.
Anybody got any clues as to a setting that may require tweaking. I've looked but obviously can't see.

Thanks
Martin

I was right where you are about a month ago. I got tired of trying to get VWS working and switched to Weather Display. Smooth sailing since I switched. Weather Display can be a little daunting at first, but a great product after you figure it out!

Offline Martin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »
It is a bit frustrating.
I've 2 desktops at home, same issue on each. Bring the laptop home from work, it works like a dream.

All 3 machines running xp sp2.

Offline Martin

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:36:50 AM »
Quote from: FishDude
Gday All,

I was right where you are about a month ago. I got tired of trying to get VWS working and switched to Weather Display. Smooth sailing since I switched. Weather Display can be a little daunting at first, but a great product after you figure it out!

Fishdude;

Which port did you configure your station to in Weather Display. I assume you are using USB?

Martin

Offline FishDude

• OFA Weather Web!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »
Quote from: Martin
Quote from: FishDude
Gday All,
Fishdude;

Which port did you configure your station to in Weather Display. I assume you are using USB?
Martin

No USB, Serial, Com1. I have not changed my serial port config since day one. Virtual VP has runn for over a month now with no data errors in WD or VWS.