Author Topic: Spring/Summer '17  (Read 18013 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Spring/Summer '17
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »
Most likely hyperregional heat wave

Offline EastFrisianGuy

• Private Weather Station Bremerhaven
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
After a cool start with a low of 9°C (48°F) at my station, (though it was still a little colder in the surroundings with lows of 5-7°C (41-45°F)) and shallow fog on the pastures,
we are currently @1:45 PM at 19°C with sunshine and almost no winds. Feels actually quite warm in the midday sun. Tomorrow even a summer day (tmax above 25°C/77°F) could be possible here with a forecasted maximum of 27°C (80°F). Well, we shall see.  :-)

Best Regards

Georg

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
It's been a very weird summer.  Few if any 100 degree days, several in the upper 90s.  Had a few high low records, but also some low records and low high records.  Very, very dry at my house.  Less than a 1/10th" in the last 30 days.  One decent rainfall just before that and several dry weeks before that; something like two inches total in two months.  But very localized, neighbors a half mile down the road have had more rain than I have.  Grass is brown mostly, so no mowing.  Trees are dropping leaves.  Yet the dew points are so high, I can't hardly breathe outside.  75 degrees on some mornings and I drip sweat just standing still, doing nothing at all.  If I could just wring the moisture out of the air, the grass would be green and lush.

Offline Tangster1

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »
  Been hot in the N.East this summer about the worst Ive experienced up here being born and raised in the south takes a good amount of humidity to get my attention .. Cold long spring but more then a few 100 plus f. deg days here and Ive actually broken a few sweats working in and around  yrd .. Don't see any locals out after 90 here (: I'm about the only one outside moving around

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »
Another very cool morning.  No Record report posted yet, but it appears we tied 2009 for a record low of 54.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2017, 11:59:27 PM »
While Typhoon Jolina is out our place leaving heavy Floods in northern Luzon  ](*,)

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
No global warming here.  Must have been one of our coolest summers on record.  No days in the 90's at all  \:D/.  That's very unusual.  The highest temperature I recorded was 2 days at 88 degrees, one in June and one in July.  Hey I'm not complaining as I hate hot weather.  To me this has been a perfect summer, weather wise  =D>.  And we did not have the typical dry up in July and August where the rain just stops for a few months.  My CoCoRaHS measurements has us a 7.19" above normal so far for 2017.  Grass has remained lush and green all summer.  I've gone through a lot of gas for the lawn mower, trimmer and blower.  Extended forecasts for the first week of September has us only in the low 60's for highs.  Fall may come early.  Or at least it will feel like it.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2017, 07:35:58 AM »
August ended up about 2.5 degrees below normal and very spotty in rainfall.  Official was about 1.5 'dry', but some areas got 200% or so of their normal rainfall.

Despite the 'cool' temperatures, I felt many days were nearly unbearable due to Dewpoint.  There were days I simply couldn't be outside since I almost couldn't breathe.  So dry the grass wasn't growing, so no real need to be out there mowing or anything else.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
Watch out USA, Cyclone irma is on its way there. . . . . . . . . keep watching  :oops: