Author Topic: Ambient ws 1200 IP problems ??  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Bman

Ambient ws 1200 IP problems ??
« on: January 01, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
I've had my Ambient WS-1200 IP Observer for about 2 weeks working great. Then I bought a SD micro chip for firmware updates.  I did the update through the IP Tools. I've hit the reset button multiple times on IP module. Logged off and back on to Wunderground, nothing is working, I think there is something wrong with the IP number, keeps saying it can't find any device, and the RF, INDOOR, OUTDOOR AND SERVER lights on IP box aren't on??
Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Offline redvers

Re: Ambient ws 1200 IP problems ??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:11:59 AM »
Suspect that this is the wrong place to have posted your query, which may explain why you haven't had a response yet :)

Can you confirm that the firmware update completed successfully? Is the IP module actually getting an IP address from your router? Can it be seen on the network? Can you ping it, and if so, can you telnet into it?

I purchased the Aercus WeatherSleuth here in UK, which is equivalent to 1400-IP and has same IP module. The receiver was dead on arrival though; it exhibited the same issues as yours now does (I didn't realise at the time that all lights were meant to come on :), and wouldn't get an IP address from the router. I returned it to Amazon and the replacement worked fine.

Makes me wonder if the original I received was a customer return that had a failed firmware upgrade or something...

Offline Bman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:49:25 AM »
Ok thanks, i'll give that a try, im a newbie, some of this is way over my head. Ambient support phone is extremely busy with Holidays, going to call them next week and hopefully talk to tech.  Was hoping for a simple fix, but thanks for the info

Offline redvers

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:05:06 PM »
Basically you need to ensure that the receiver module is being "seen" on the network first. If not, then there may have been an issue with a failed upgrade.

Offline Bman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:38:13 AM »
Here is the FIX for the IP Observer not connecting.  I happened to stumble on it on Ambients site.

Only the Power, Link and ACT lights are lit and the ObserverIP module does not communicate to the server. 
The firmware will need to be reloaded.
1. Download the latest firmware here: 
http://www.AmbientWeather.com/observerip.html 
2. Power down the ObserverIP module but leave connected to your router. 
3. Launch the IP Tools application as referenced in Section 3.4.1. Since the module is powered down, you will not be able to locate it on your network, but proceed anyway. 
4. Select the Upgrade button. 
5. Reference Figure 20. Select the Select File button, and browse to the location of the file you downloaded in Step 1. 
6. Select the Upgrade Firmware button. 
7. Plug in the ObserverIP module. The software will locate the device on your network and begin the update.   
Reference Figure 21.  The dialog box will display Received a Read Request from the ObserverIP module. A green progress bar will provide you with the upgrade status. 
DO NOT OPERATE THE MOUSE OR KEYBOARD WHEN UPGRADING to prevent interruption of the upgrade.
7. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, the dialog box will display Read session is completed successfully, as shown in Figure 22. 
8. Wait about one minute for the ObserverIP module to reboot. You can now Exit the upgrade window, and access the module again, as referenced in Section 3.4.

Offline redvers

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:08 AM »
:thumbs: I assume all is working now for you?

Offline Bman

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 12:42:33 AM »
Yes............. took alot of research, but found the fix. Thanks for the help redvers :grin:

anything