Author Topic: Vantage Vue - Low Battery Transmitter even after changing battery?  (Read 19778 times)

Offline jmds

Re: Vantage Vue - Low Battery Transmitter even after changing battery?
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:25 AM »
what do you mean "I hope that's reversed "?

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:17 AM »
You said your running a 7.2 volt capacitor, the system is designed for a 2.7 volt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline jmds

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
I said " soldered 2 new 7.2 volts supercapacitor in parallel and not one.Go and read again
The VUE system is not designed to run with 2 capacitors as they are enclosed in epoxy resin.

Offline jmds

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
Sorry.My mistake .I meant  2.7 volts  and not 7.2 volts.I do not need the 4 Volts battery anymore by having two of them 2.7 volts supercap in Parallel on the ISS board.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 04:50:31 PM »
I do not need the 4 Volts battery anymore by having two of them 2.7 volts supercap in Parallel on the ISS board.

Must be quite sunny year-round where you live?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline jmds

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »
Yes .I live in Cairns/Australia which is 16 degrees south of the Equator.Sunrise 5.36  and sunset at 18.30 and it is getting longer by the week now.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
Yes .I live in Cairns/Australia which is 16 degrees south of the Equator.Sunrise 5.36  and sunset at 18.30 and it is getting longer by the week now.

That will be the case until Dec 22 then things will go backwards. Without the battery what you going to do through the cyclone and wet season when there's no sun for weeks on end?

Offline jmds

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »
Are you smoking some funny tobaccos or something ?.My vantage Pro2 has been going without batteries for over 4 years cyclone or not.We live in the tropics and the daylight hours are nearly similar in winter and summer.Wet season or  not and we have never been without sun for weeks on end like you said.You must have been watching too many Star Treks movies.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 02:56:27 AM »
Are you smoking some funny tobaccos or something ?.My vantage Pro2 has been going without batteries for over 4 years cyclone or not.We live in the tropics and the daylight hours are nearly similar in winter and summer.Wet season or  not and we have never been without sun for weeks on end like you said.You must have been watching too many Star Treks movies.
I take it that Australia has been misrepresented in the Star Trek movies? I don't watch them, so I'm not familiar with the time the starship crew set up Vantage Vues in or around Cairns.  Have the hostile species of humanoids that live there also been misrepresented? 

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:42 AM »
I take it that Australia has been misrepresented in the Star Trek movies? I don't watch them, so I'm not familiar with the time the starship crew set up Vantage Vues in or around Cairns.  Have the hostile species of humanoids that live there also been misrepresented?

Nah ya just gotta make allowance for some aussies who think they are the only ones who live there and take any note of the weather, the sunshine and the sun showers :)

anything