Weather Related Organizations > SKYWARN

Skywarn: Just for hams

(1/4) > >>

p3aul:
I have tried contacting key personnel for Georgia classes as a spotter that are coming up and have been ignored. I stated in my emails that I was not a Ham but still wanted to participate. If it's because hams have the ability to communicate with other from vehicles, I do have a cell phone and it has a contact list.

Maumelle Weather:
Hi,

To my knowledge, the Storm Spotter classes are free and open to everyone, HAMS, current Spotters, the general public, etc. I would check into a specific upcoming class and call the contact person, if they aren't answering by email.

John

CW2274:

--- Quote from: sacreyweather on January 24, 2016, 08:47:56 PM ---Hi,

To my knowledge, the Storm Spotter classes are free and open to everyone, HAMS, current Spotters, the general public, etc. I would check into a specific upcoming class and call the contact person, if they aren't answering by email.

John

--- End quote ---
This is fact. It's free, about two hours long, and after attending you'll be assigned a spotter number. Just contact your local NWS office. However, where I live, they're only offered in the summer.

Harryca:
Here is link to a map that shows the direct contacts along with phone numbers (except one) for all the Skywarn Coordinators for GA.  But certainly, if they are not answering your emails, you should just call them directly.

http://www.stormready.noaa.gov/stormmaps/ga-cwa.htm

p3aul:
I have called and left a message but no one called back :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version