Author Topic: Wordpress possible for weather website?  (Read 3332 times)

Offline hannoverskies

• Hannover Skies
Wordpress possible for weather website?
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
I got my Vantage Vue set up a couple weeks ago. I'm very eager to build my own website. Does anybody know - is it possible to feed WeatherLink or VWS templates into a Wordpress.com website? I've worked with Wordpress on a few blogs & websites. However, in the reading I've done on Wordpress, it sounds like it doesn't accept some kinds of code for security reasons.

Any other ideas on where to start with a hosted site? I'm all ears & willing to pay a few coffees' worth of moolah a month for ease of use.
Erin Huntimer
Rural Oliver County, ND
Station: Davis Vantage Vue
CWOP: DW6873
WU: KNDNEWSA2

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
Re: Wordpress possible for weather website?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:13 AM »
Many use e-rice for as little as $10 a year. It includes php which when used with Saratogawx's scripts is perfect!

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Many use e-rice for as little as $10 a year. It includes php which when used with Saratogawx's scripts is perfect!

I just signed up with them 2 days ago.  I had my log in information in under 24 hours.
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline suddenincline

• Inclinemedialive.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
I had my site running wordpress on 1and1 it was working fine. I modified alot to get some of the scripts to work but it does not like some of the AJAX scripts and some of the global settings prevent you from viewing in anything but a iframe. so I just decided to go with one of kens templates and after you get that working then go here http://www.642weather.com/weather/scripts.php lots of wordpress plugins to work with carterlake templates!

Hope this helps I am still new at this but been reading alot!

Jonathan Kriegh

anything