Author Topic: Rain still being reported after it stops raining **solved**  (Read 485 times)

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
I am not sure if there is something wrong my my ISS or with my Meteobridge. I’ve been noticing that after it stops raining, the rain rate on my various sites (WU, Ambient Weather, CWOP, etc.) may still read 0.01 in/hr for several hours after it stops raining. I don’t know why it is displaying this and this is reflected in my graphs for rain rate. The total rainfall is not affected.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and what I can do to fix this? It’s not really a big issue, just annoying.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:55:50 AM by docbee »
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Re: Rain still being reported after it stops raining
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:20:59 PM »
Have you checked to see if something has clogged your rain gauge? when mine does that it is always debris slowing the flow down to a drip so it takes awhile to catch up.

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:15 AM »
Finally got a nice morning to clean it out. The tipping spoons had a little bit of dirt on them, nothing too bad. The drains on either side were also in pretty good shape, but I still cleaned them. The underside of my debris screen and the hole in the rain collector was covered in pollen so that might have slowed the flow of the rain a little.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »
Yes problem solved  [tup]

anything