Author Topic: Atlas Sleep Screen Stuck at 0.01" Rainfall  (Read 844 times)

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
Atlas Sleep Screen Stuck at 0.01" Rainfall
« on: July 09, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
I noticed the Atlas sleep screen rainfall reading has been stuck on .01" for weeks now. This is despite both real heavy rains and dry periods.

It seems that the normal rainfall scrolling totals on the panel and MyAcuRite totals are correct...it is just the sleep screen.

I restarted and re-setup the panel and it did not help.

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Atlas Sleep Screen Stuck at 0.01" Rainfall
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »
That's a weird one! You’d think the main screen and the sleep screen would be pulling the rain value from the same place.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 05:02:01 PM »
Sleep screen? Didn't know it had that feature. Is that something that can be turned off? Is there risk of screen burn-in if you don't use that feature?
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »
The sleep screen is for when you want the screen dimmed and simplified for while you're trying to sleep.

You can set the time for when it starts and stops in the settings, or you can just ignore it.

I've heard of no issues of burn-in or image persistence.

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
The "sleep screen" is one of my favorite features of the Atlas display.  I really needed it in the bedroom because the automatic dimming of the main display left it still way too bright for sleeping.  As George said it's totally customizable.   You can start it manually each night by touching the "Zz" button.  A second push returns the main display.  Or you can customize it by time and it'll all happen automatically. 

I've seen no burn in problem  I have a second display in the den which is set to never go into the sleep screen and it's all good. 

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Unfortunately, resetting, removing the SD card, letting it set, etc. does not make any difference.

After having three Atlas units to get a working one, I hope the panel does not go down the same path.

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline GeeGeeNVa

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
Mine is similarly stuck at 0.02" (if I recall correctly).  I'm not normally up and in our living room while the sleep screen is active, so my recall of the value being displayed may be incorrect--but it is displaying something similar.  I've had my Atlas/Display unit for over a year, and this behavior has been consistent (also if my memory is accurate)….

As someone else stated, you would think it would pull that particular value from the same place the other info is pulled, but obviously not.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:51:24 AM »
Mine is similarly stuck at 0.02" (if I recall correctly).  I'm not normally up and in our living room while the sleep screen is active, so my recall of the value being displayed may be incorrect--but it is displaying something similar.  I've had my Atlas/Display unit for over a year, and this behavior has been consistent (also if my memory is accurate)….

As someone else stated, you would think it would pull that particular value from the same place the other info is pulled, but obviously not.

To check your sleep screen just touch the Zz and it will put it  to sleep mode . That way you will know if theirs a problem with it .

Offline GeeGeeNVa

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:06:54 PM »
Ok--just went downstairs and hit Zz, and my rainfall value is reporting "0.00"--which is accurate--we've had no rain lately.  We seem to have a force field around us, as I cannot tell you how many close calls we've had as storms that look like they're on a collision course with us, either evaporate just before reaching us, or pass to our north, south, or west--just missing us.

But as the original poster reported, I HAD SEEN (past tense) something similar to what he saw.

Just now, however, sleep was reporting accurate info.  Must have been because I was specifically looking at it and it knew it needed to behave.   :grin:

anything