Weather Station Hardware > LaCrosse Technologies/Hyundai

2812 wind sensor not transmitting?

(1/8) > >>

dlittle:
Just rec'd and trying to install 2812
Have 'reset' the solar wind senor and followed all directions. The solar sensor is clear and has been sitting in the sun for 3 hrs
Console goes thru setup and I am see rain and temp but wind info shows ---- and no wind direction.

Have removed batteries, push the reset on the sensor and re-installed batteries.

Nothing.

Suggestions?

VaJim:
If it's anything like the 2810, try and get all the sensors (wind, rain, thermo) as close together at first.  Remove ALL batteries and press the reset button on the wind sensor. The 2810 was very sensitive to the placement of the sensors to start the sync up.  Also check the sync up button on the display.  It may take several tries, but that Lacrosse is one of more sensitive stations I've owned.  Keep trying.  If it still fails, call Lacrosse. 

Note:  One time I had to bring all the sensors back into the house to get it to work, then moved it carefully to the yard.

DanS:
.. and also per VaJim's advice, be sure the batteries are installed in order where the display/console is the last to be powered, all sensors are powered first.

wildjoe76:
Hi.  I had the same issue with mine.  I had to take it back to the store.

I worked on it for two days straight over the weekend,  finally took it apart, and was able to check the battery voltage without taking out the circuit board.  

The batteries were good,  so it was just a dead unit.   I did eventually take the circuit board out but it has an ir led plastic light pipe that breaks off when you remove the circuit board,  so don't do it or it really will be trash.  the light pipe goes on the other side of the wind direction indicator disk.

You can see the plastic light pipe mounting points when you pull the bottom cover off.  The mount points are melted onto the circuit board in through holes.  If you must take the circuit board out to see the batteries,  you really should warm these points up so they can pull through the holes instead of breaking off.

The batteries can be checked by taking the bottom cover off,  there is nothing that can be broke during this process.  THere is a tight gasket that holds it all together but i just used my finger nail to work the cover off as I worked my way around.   The batteries are on the other side of the circuit board but you can check the terminals with a volt meter.  Mine read 1.6 volts combined.  They are 1.4 volt batteries on the other side that are rechargable sould read  a little less than  3 volts fully charged.

One more tip from LaCrosse, is to keep the windsensor under a light for 24 hours and then see if it turns on.  I just got that tip while writing this message.   I wish they could have told me that when I called them last week.

VaJim:
I thought I heard that Lacrosse started putting some sort of sticker or label on the wind sensor assembly that basically said if you take it apart you will void the warranty.   :shock: :???:

I'm pretty sure the thing about putting the wind sensor under a light bulb is discussed in the instructions. :shock:

Personally I'm not clear on why anyone would want to take it apart, unless of course you have a high level of electrical circuitry skills. =D>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version