Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Most accrurate indoor humidity sensor?

(1/3) > >>

Greg_M:
I live in the high desert and the humidity gets very low on occasion, specially indoors.
Just wondering who makes the most accurate humidity sensor (digital or analog) for when it gets in to the teens.

I bought the wife a set of those 5 temp/humidity sensors units so that she can scatter them around the house (she has plants) and I'm not real confident they are telling us the truth.

Suggestions?

galfert:
Probably not the best...but probably good enough and very flexible and expandable and reasonably priced....

Ecowitt GW1000 as the base console (you see the data live on your mobile). You can also see the data (and graphs) updated every 60 seconds on Ecowitt.net. Online service is free.

Add up to 8 sensors. Have them in every room that you want to monitor and then also add soil moisture sensors to plant pots or garden.

Sensor used is a Sensirion SHT30
humidity range: 10% to 99%
humidity accuracy is +-5%
humidity resolution: 1%

You can buy it directly from Ecowitt or from Amazon.

miraculon:
I bought one of these from Amazon. The photos show a "Professional Accuracy" insert with a SHT3x device. The claimed range is 1% to 99% RH.

It seems to work well. We don't have desert humidity here in Michigan by any means, so I can't confirm operation at low level RH.

Greg H.

DaleReid:
A couple years ago I bought a Sensirion sht31 evaluation 'kit' which is a two line lcd display, a coin battery, and a sensor all on an open pc board.  I think it is as accurate as the sensor shows.  The readout is impressive to the hundredths of a decimal point, but doubt if it can really resolve anything that close.  Not elegant, but looks sort of cool and seems to work pretty well.

havtrail:

--- Quote from: miraculon on April 11, 2019, 01:29:05 PM ---I bought one of these from Amazon. The photos show a "Professional Accuracy" insert with a SHT3x device. The claimed range is 1% to 99% RH.

It seems to work well. We don't have desert humidity here in Michigan by any means, so I can't confirm operation at low level RH.

Greg H.

--- End quote ---

This review is right on the Amazon listing, indicating a problem with RH under 10%:

Good measure of humidity, until RH is less than 10%
February 27, 2019
Verified Purchase
This device did a great job monitoring humidity and temperature, until the cold and dry New England winter. At our office, they do not try to control humidity, so it can go really low. Several times I have watched the humidity reading drop down towards 10.0% RH, and as soon as it reaches 10.0% it jumps to 99.8% RH. This has to be a software/ firmware bug. I have never seen the meter display less than 10.0% RH. Changing to fresh batteries and cleaning the contacts does not help. At first I thought that changing batteries fixed the issue, but it was just the moisture from my hands temporarily bumping up the RH of the unit.
I would definitely give this device a 4 star rating, maybe even a 5 star, if it were not for this "feature."

Rich K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version